I am leaving

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 29 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935

Mary, I am sorry that I didn't get to meet you today at Diana's. I realize that I don't know your situation like you do, but from hearing you describe it, your husband's advice to see a doctor and stay away from the guns sounds very reasonable to me. I wish you all the best in navigating through this situation. <3

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 9:42 PM

Carolyn, are you at Diana's right now?  Some of us were wondering if the two of you got together.  Oops, this is probably not the right thread to be posting this in...

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,039
Points 108,700

Mary, Are you Nuts!?? Deliberately deciding to go be homeless is about as far out as you can get -Especially in the middle of winter!! What ARE you thinking, Girl??

Homelessness is not easy. It's not 'freedom.' You'll find yourself tied down just trying to survive each day, trapped without options. It's a cold, lonely, violent world out there.  You don't know harsh until you find yourself sharing a blanket  with an unwashed body, under a bridge in sub-zero temps, and your last meal was the sandwich ( processed ham on stale white bread without benefit of condiments) you had 2 days ago.Take my advice...find another option. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 4:54 PM

chocake2:
Take my advice...find another option.
                             CC   AMEN to that !!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,944
Points 234,237
Thea replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 5:26 PM

Mary, Starting over is maybe a good thing - but don't do it without plans and a place to live.  Being homeless is no fun at all!  I have prayed and prayed for you and hope that somehow whatever is the cause of the pain you are in can be dealt with so that you don't hurt so much!  Life is not easy and we all have different roads that we walk on.  If you come my way, stop in.  We always have room for one more... although I will put you to work - we are packing and painting and fixing things up for our move to MN - see we are starting over too!  

I wish you the very best and will miss seeing your posts here on QCA!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

deleted

• | Post Points: 80
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Oh Mary, so happy to read your post.  I was scared to think of you being homeless in the cold.  Just remember that no matter what you have many friends here at QCA that love you and do not want to see you in pain anymore. 

Margaret

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,379
Points 48,850
Ginny replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 8:01 PM

Mary, I am so delighted to hear from you.  I think you have a handle on things now, with help, which you are going to get.  I just went on here to check Diana's address.  We do love you and were pained that you were going thru so much pain.  I hope to be able to meet you, in person, some day.  You are in my prayers.    Ginny

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 543
Points 9,405
zoetc49 replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 8:45 PM

Mary, 

I am so glad to hear from you too. Have you ever thought of helping at one of the homeless shelters? I ask this as I often find peace when I realize my own blessings and am able to help others- where I can.

I too feel alone many times and have plans to go back to church as well. Do remember one thing, no one is perfect even at church. I am not, your not, and no one there is. I say this because I was once too timid to speak up with others who thought they needed to control me. I left my church due to this. I have learned that I can be tactful and stay true to me. So I ask that you stay true to you. 

I hope you find your place in your church. If they don't have a quilt group maybe you  can start one and give out quilts to the homeless children. We could all make an extra block from a quilt we are working on once in awhile to send to you and you could just put them together. That would be so much fun !!

I am so glad your staying here, now will you please make a block for Carols quilt? ( smile) I am still short 4 from those who have signed up.  Good to have you back !!!         

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 10:39 PM

Welcome back, Mary ! Its so good to finally hear something positive from you.   I was very concerned  about your decision to live on the streets. Ive been praying for you and it seems like your headed in the right direction . If you dont get what you want from the priest then keep looking until you find the right clergy that you click with. I will pray that you find the right person for you. Keep us posted, as you well know we care very much about you and want you to find some peace, and that truly comes from our Heavenly Father.    God Bless You !                    Hugs, Susan

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,403
Points 45,195

Praise the Lord! Mary, your post is an answer to prayer. So many of us have been praying for you! It is difficult to know someone is hurting so much and not being able to be there and give you a hug. But the Lord is there with you. I am so happy that you are headed in the right direction again. Please remember that you have many friends here. When you get your new quilt you will be able to wrap yourself in hugs from your QCA friends. Best wishes for your future.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 7:39 AM

mary I wish you all the best and pray you find your answers . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,150
Karla replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 5:12 PM

Mary, I am glad to see that you are reaching out for help.  Even though we haven't met, I love you dearly and hope that everything works out for you.  They always say the toughest part of the battle is admitting and realizing there is a battle to be fought.  You're on your way Mary.  God Bless You!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 373
Points 4,980
Annette replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 9:21 PM

Mary - My prayers are with you.   I hope the talks with your priest will help ease your burdens.  

Annette

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Sun, Jan 5 2014 7:12 AM

Mary, reading that you chose to reach out to the people around you made me breathe easier. I was closing my eyes and seeing you all alone, and it drove me batty. Know that you can always come here too. And on this site you will find someone who will listen and hug you virtually for as long as you will need it. That's what friends are for. Something I just thought of is that if you have Skype and there is someone you would like to chat with send them a message and see if they have it too. I am happy you are giving life another chance. You are still in my prayers. BIG QUILTY ((((hug))))

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 0
Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use