How about we make a quilt for Carol?

Page 1 of 7 (97 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 96 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 634
Points 10,945
zoetc49 Posted: Sat, Dec 28 2013 1:25 AM

As I have told many of you I don't have a quilt machine, but Carol does, and I was thinking as she needs something to work on once the cast comes off her foot...that we could make an Irish quilt to honor Patrick as she told me he " loves all things Irish". I posted this to her, but I did not wait for an answer as I stated that " majority rules"...so you all have your say in this. Carol is a very proud gal and would stop me from doing this if I was not already posting....So what do you think? My thought was we could make her a quilt , but someone else would have to put it together , or we could just make the blocks and allow Carol to add her personal honors to the quilt to honor Patrick.  I don't have any color in mind, but we will see what she thinks.

i hope you all like this idea.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 191
Points 3,245
hhhdmh replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 5:55 AM

I think it is a good idea. I will make a block. I don't have a quilting machine but can contribute a block or more if needed. Thanks and God Bless. Darlene in Indiana

God Bless

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 167
Points 3,050
Carmel replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 11:06 AM

I can make one or two blocks, maybe we should use the colors of green and white for the Irish.

Just let me know and I'll be happy to help out.

Macungie, PA

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,515
Points 30,785
Diana replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 12:00 PM

I'm in too.  Green and white is a nice idea too

Diana in East TN

Not Ranked
Posts 23
Points 305
lovemyavy replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 5:02 PM

Please let me know the block's finished size, colors, deadline, and a mailing address for the block. Count me in for this quilt, as well.  Thank you!

lovemyavy in Ohio! 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 634
Points 10,945
zoetc49 replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 10:47 PM

She did write me and she feels very good about getting one.

I don't have a quilt machine, but I could put the blocks together, maybe someone here could quilt it?

This is what she said to me, "  .. I would feel honored to receive one if people want to do it."  Color isn't that important, but just a couple ideas- Patrick liked me best in blue, and his favorite colors were a combination of black and red."

She said the green and white were fine too. 

I at first was thinking of an Irish chain quilt, but it might be more fun to do as other quilts we have done, and use blocks made from white, blue, red and black- any combination, this would just give more freedom in the pattern. I think the 12.5 block size ( 12" finished size, once sewed together) would be great.

I can put the top together, as I said I just would need someone to quilt it.

If you want to send them to me, how about March 1st. Would that work for everyone?  PM me for my address. 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 634
Points 10,945
zoetc49 replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 12:08 PM

I am posting again only because there seems to be a delay on my end, and I am not seeing this thread pull up. I hope that is not the case for everyone. I just wanted to see if this would pull up this time.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 5:31 PM

White, blue, red and black.  Sounds great.  I would love to do a block for Carol.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 7:01 PM

Count me in...some of my favorite colors and 12-1/2" blocks are just perfect.  You won't need to many to make a decent sized quilt.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,584
Points 26,545
Debbie replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 7:25 PM

zoetc49:
I at first was thinking of an Irish chain quilt, but it might be more fun to do as other quilts we have done, and use blocks made from white, blue, red and black- any combination, this would just give more freedom in the pattern. I think the 12.5 block size ( 12" finished size, once sewed together) would be great.

Ok, it's any 12.5" block and the colors we're using are are white, blue, red and black - any combination is ok?  are we talking solids or flowered, any print?  just want to be able to use something in my staff and I have lots of flowered material but can also do black and white. If I can use something in my stash, I'll do a block or two.  Let me know...

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 634
Points 10,945
zoetc49 replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 8:28 PM

Debbie, 

Yes, any fabric and any of these 4 color combination( use 2, 3 or all 4) and any pattern. When I was thinking the Irish chain, I thought that might not turn out so good with all the different fabrics, so I thought it would be prettier if we just did one like we have done in the past. 

One or two blocks are great....I don't know how many blocks will come this way, but any amount you or others want to make would be great.

And as in the past, do sign them : )  Carol is very happy that you all want to do this. I spoke with her today, and she is doing good. I do know that there will be days that will not be good, and this quilt will help her through those days.   

Thank you !!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 167
Points 3,050
Carmel replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 9:32 PM

Please be sure to send me your address so that I can forward to you.

Macungie, PA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,878
Points 32,590
Roxana replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 8:53 AM

Count me in..... PM your address to me so I will know where to send it.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 12:25 PM

Have sent you a PM Zoetc49

Lx

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 634
Points 10,945
zoetc49 replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 3:11 PM

I think I have sent everyone my address so far, if not please let me know. 

Thank you...   : ) 

• | Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 7 (97 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use