Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 325
Teddi Walker Posted: Wed, Dec 25 2013 1:27 PM

I lost my vintage quilt pattern, posted a picture in the gallery, was hoping someone would help find the pattern or the correct name of the quilt.  Made several tops and quilted them as needed.  And, guess what the last one was needed, went to find the pattern and cannot locate it anywhere.  Would love to be able to make a few more tops and store them until needed. 

Thanks

Teddi Walker

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Wed, Dec 25 2013 2:12 PM

I have a pattern with a tulip block that is a little different.  It would not be too difficult to come with the same block.  I could alter my pattern to look more like yours.  This tulip and heart baby blanket was my own design.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 325

Oh wow!  The middle is all I would be interested in.  Would you sell me the middle part of the pattern.  I am so sick that I cannot find my pattern, but we moved and there were many hands packing.  To be honest, cannot find a lot of things that cannot be replaced.  Oh well that is just part of life.  lol.  Cannot tell you how nice it is to see a pattern so close to mine.  I don't know how to alter a pattern or how to draft one.  haha.  It is a beautiful pattern and just being able to make a pattern is a wonderful thing to do.  I really like this quilt.  And of course I love the color.  Thank you for your response to my post, it give me hope to be able to make more of these.  I think of this as a spring of hope quilt, knowing that in spring things come back to life and bursts of color are just waiting to explode from the ground to rebirth.  No matter what they are going through, there is always hope.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 325

Do you happen to know the name of the middle pattern?  And again thank you for sharing the information.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Wed, Dec 25 2013 7:27 PM

It was my own design so there is no name.  What size block do you want?   The tulip block, with or without the sashing.  I can send it to you, along with some other options. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 325

I was trying to remember, I made the top a few years ago, made several and put them up and went on to other quilts for babies, wedding and such.  Trying to, the quilt was 58 X 58 when I cut the backing, so I guess the blocks were 10 inches? There were four rows of four blocks.  I feel so dumb, cannot remember that far back.  I cannot believe you can see something and make it.  It is amazing to me.  I also cannot thank you enough for your interest  and in your help.  Thank you.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Wed, Dec 25 2013 9:18 PM

I think I have it.  10 inch block.  2 inch sashing,  3 borders, inner 2 1/2 inches, middle 1 1/2, outer 2 inches.   equals 58 inches square.  I have my block and another one similar to yours.  Was it paper pieced or regular pieced block? 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Wed, Dec 25 2013 9:22 PM

Here it is with my block.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Wed, Dec 25 2013 9:25 PM

oops, yours has an additional sashing before the border.  But I could change that.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 325

That's it.  That's it.  Gee I love that pattern.  Oh my gosh, did you make that just with the picture I had?  Wow!  You are really good.  I cant remember using paper piecing, but I have done a few quilts over the years.  I give them away.  To cancer patients, new babies, old folks, family, friends if needed. My friend just finished one for hospice.  For the body of a service veteran.  She is really good.  I just do odds and ends.  lol...  But I have always loved this pattern, since it is old, and I am old we just seem to go together.  I cannot believe, I am nattering, had no hope of ever having the pattern again.  It as a lot of memories for me, remember who got them.  Guess we all do that.  Its really funny as my husband took the picture and I don't take pictures of my quilts.  Just make and go.  lol...  How on earth did you make the pattern so fast?

Teddi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Wed, Dec 25 2013 10:57 PM

Private message me with your address and I will send you the above  pattern, and one more similar to your own. 

It was fun working it out.   I have EQ5, the old version, but used it to come up with the pattern.

to send me a message, click on my name here, and you will go to my page where you can click "send a message" and write to me.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 325

Done, you are truly a blessing to me tonight.  Thank you so much.

Teddi

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 325

I did the message thing I think.  Patti, I would be happy to pay you something for all the trouble you went to.  I really appreciate your being able to do this, if you sent it, it did not get to me.  Did I do the right thing in sending the private message?

Thanks

Teddi

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use