Top 10 Posters

Introduction from MA

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 7 Followers

Posted: Sat, Dec 21 2013 5:06 PM

Hi All,

I have been quilting for 3 years now and I love it!!  I go to a class every Tuesday nite and that is pretty  much the only time I work on my projects as I work 2 jobs and have a "zoo" to take care of LOL!! I've made  a few things tho and will try to upload them from Pintrest to the Gallery.

My dream is to be able to afford early retirement and spend my time learning how to cook and work on my quilting, crocheting and knitting projects. Wouldn't we all!! Well, I may just get my wish as I had a heart attack 12 days ago and am seriously considering early retirement. However, I would still need to work to make ends meet but hoping the work would be something I'm more passionate about than what I'm doing now.

Anyway, as I recover for the next few weeks, I've been surfing the web looking for a quilter's forum I can feel comfortable participating in. I've also been working on finishing the binding(one side was machine sewn) onto the very first quilt I made in 2010. 3 more sides to go!!

Hope you all are having a great Saturday nite!!!

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sat, Dec 21 2013 6:14 PM

Welcome Pam

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 95

welcome to you pam. i am relatively new here too. ladies have been very helpful and friendly. I am working on a blue jean quilt for the bachelor next door who is a friend of ours

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Welcome Pam. You will love it here. I hope you are resting and recovering well. Hope to see some pictures of your quilts.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 307
Points 4,075

Welcome, Pam

I hope your recovery continues to go well and that you can accomplish your goals.  Look forward to seeing your quilts

Barbara

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 21 2013 8:16 PM

Welcome Pam.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,479
Points 417,064
gini replied on Sat, Dec 21 2013 10:49 PM

Hi Pam, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Points 210
papmom35 replied on Sun, Dec 22 2013 5:01 PM

Hi Everyone-This is pamh35 but I had to create a new account. I really messed up trying to create my gallery so gave up and started over. My new username is now papmom35 and I finally have a gallery! I hope you will check it out.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 192
Points 3,265
hhhdmh replied on Sun, Dec 22 2013 5:07 PM

I looked at Nate's blanket and I am sure he will love it. You did a great job. God Bless. Darlene in Indiana

God Bless

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Points 210
papmom35 replied on Sun, Dec 22 2013 5:10 PM

thanks Darlene! He did and does love it! It was a little daunting to do because his mom is sooooo creative, crafty and talented that at first I felt that I would fall short and also thought, why do this? His mom could do a much better job! But she didn't see it that way and loved it as much as he does. I've never been a creative person, at least not growing up or as an adult. Something about being in my fifties has changed that and I'm finding sides of me I didn't know I had! I love everything about quilting and this new found skill!!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 192
Points 3,265
hhhdmh replied on Sun, Dec 22 2013 5:21 PM

I have not been quilting very long either, but I have found I love it. I have made some quilts from embroidered blocks but just recently found out I love piecing quilts. God Bless. Darlene in Indiana

God Bless

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Mon, Dec 23 2013 3:04 PM

Welcome Pam.  I'm sure you'll like it here, everyone is so friendly and encouraging.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use