Top 10 Posters

Quilt for Mary

Page 9 of 12 (168 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 167 Replies | 24 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 4:08 PM

Karla:
I used 42 12' blocks for Marge's quilt and it turned out pretty good-sized, but that's exactly how many blocks I received.  I decided the size based upon the number of blocks I received.  If I would have had an odd number that didn't work out into rows, I would have made a pillow or put them on the back as you plan on doing.

It is a great sized quilt with lots of snuggle coverage :-).  No toes sticking out to get cold!  It is beautiful as well as warm and cozy!

Diane - I plan to put Mary's block in the mail today.  It has been done for over a week and just hasn't gotten to the PO.

Marge P

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 3:14 AM

Diane - oops! I fibbed!  the block finally went in the mail today and USPS says it will be to you on the 31st.

I have been doing online postage with USPS for at least 7-8 years and today was the first time I have not been able to print off a label from their site.  Finally gave up after many attempts and sent DH to PO with cash.  The Postmaster said the site was probably in Georgia and they were getting slammed with weather. At least it is on its way and I am tracking it.

Thanks for doing this quilt for Mary.  I hope it gives her much comfort.

Marge P

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 644
Points 12,600

I mailed my block this afternoon, Diane. You should get it on Monday.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,496
Points 30,450
Diana replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 1:39 PM

Thank you Marge and Carol.  I will keep my eye out for them.  It's going to be great.

Diana in East TN

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 410
Suzette replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 6:02 PM

I have two blocks made and ready to mail, hopefully by this Saturday! :-)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,326
Points 27,965
Marsha-SM replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 6:49 PM

Diana, I just found this about a quilt for Mary and definitely want to make a block for her.  I have responded to her on many occasions when she was regularly posting and have always wanted to do something for her.  I have sent her on-line hugs many times but know a block that I have touched will really hug her in person since I can't physically be there to support her.  It will be fine if my block ends up on the back - that is the side that will touch her (unless she turns it over to let all the blocks touch her at once.)  Need to raid the stash for purples tonight and hope to get a block made tomorrow or sometime this weekend.  Thank you so much for doing this for her.  

Marsha - Western New York

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,065

There is a special place in heaven for those who give and give and give...

Just stating the obvious,

Jeanne in Michigan

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,496
Points 30,450
Diana replied on Fri, Jan 31 2014 5:19 PM

Kris, I received your block today.  Beautiful.  Thank you for the donation as well.  I'm going to have Nana help me pick out a border fabric tomorrow that will match all the beautiful blocks.

Diana in East TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 31 2014 6:15 PM

Thanks for letting my know Diana. I had some second thoughts about my block but decided to send it anyway. Thanks for doing this for Mary.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 341
Points 6,735
tnmtgrl replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 9:46 AM

Diana, I finally got my block in the mail today...it should be there in a day or 2.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,326
Points 27,965
Marsha-SM replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 11:57 AM

Finished block on Sunday.  Just need to get it in the mail.  This probably will be my one at-home day this week, but not planning to go to town to mail it today.  I do not like driving in a snowstorm!!!  It will get to you before the end of the month if not sooner!!  Need to get some safe mailers for mailing out blocks.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,496
Points 30,450
Diana replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 8:39 AM

I want to tell Marsha and Carol that your blocks arrived safe and sound.  They are going to be a great addition.  I've decided to use a black solid for sashing to make each block float.  Then a narrow frame of the black.  I found a great fabric for a border and another for binding.  I'm going to work on it at Branson retreat.  I've got a few more blocks being brought to Branson so they will get included.   I will get the top done and we'll get it posted so everyone will get to see it.

Thanks again to everyone.

Diana in East TN

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,496
Points 30,450
Diana replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 1:10 PM

Jen,  Your block arrived today.  It's great and so nice.  It will go great with the rest of them.  Nice job.

Diana in East TN

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,496
Points 30,450
Diana replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 1:17 PM

P.s. Jen,  I would be happy to accept you as a friend, but can't get into my home page.  If you need to get in touch with me, my e-mail is.    diana.binkowski@att.net

Diana in East TN

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 544
Points 8,565
Joyce replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 4:28 PM

I missed seeing the picture of the quilt for Marge.  Is there one posted?  Marge happy you are enjoying your quilt.

Joyce

from Maryland

Page 9 of 12 (168 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use