Quilt for Mary

Page 1 of 12 (168 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 167 Replies | 24 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,499
Points 30,510
Diana Posted: Tue, Dec 17 2013 6:53 AM

As most of you have seen, Mary is dealing with a lot of issues and needs our  outward sign that we care and want her to get the help she needs.  Her favorite color is purple.  I will volunteer to put it together.  My mailing address is Diana Binkowski, 1054 East Brentwood Dr,  Morristown, Tn 37814.   A 12 1/2 inch block that will finish at 12 inches.  I will do the rest.  Any pattern you choose.  Easy or difficult is your choice.  Please sign them.

Thank You,

Diana in East TN

• | Post Points: 140
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 593
Points 10,265
zoetc49 replied on Tue, Dec 17 2013 7:07 AM

You just made me cry !! Thank you for doing this !! You can count me in  : ) I will add a few dollars to help cover your added cost. 

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 280
lovemyavy replied on Tue, Dec 17 2013 8:03 AM

Diana, I would like to participate ... our back roads are terrible today, and I don't have anything purple in my small stash of fabric. Do you have a date in mind as a final date to get a block to you? Thank you. :) 

lovemyavy in Ohio! 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 652
Points 12,700

Looks like Lovemyavy was reading my thoughts!  I would very, very much like to contribute. It just depends on the deadline. I can't get downstairs to my sewing room with this darn broken ankle in a cast. I should be able to get down there in a few weeks. If unable to make the deadline, may I just send you a check to help out with the costs?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 869
Points 14,815
Candis replied on Tue, Dec 17 2013 8:57 AM

I am in too! Quilts hugs are the best , next to actually being there!

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,499
Points 30,510
Diana replied on Tue, Dec 17 2013 9:12 AM

How does March 1st sound for a deadline?  That is after holidays and hopefully after bad weather problems.  If someone doesn't  have purple in their stash, let me know.  I have lots and since you'll only need a small piece, I will send you some.  Thanks for participating.

Diana in East TN

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,499
Points 30,510
Diana replied on Tue, Dec 17 2013 9:12 AM

How does March 1st sound for a deadline?  That is after holidays and hopefully after bad weather problems.  If someone doesn't  have purple in their stash, let me know.  I have lots and since you'll only need a small piece, I will send you some.  Thanks for participating.

Diana in East TN

Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 280
lovemyavy replied on Tue, Dec 17 2013 9:21 AM

Diana, March 1st sounds great to me! Please count me in. Thank you so much for taking on this project. Mary Lee needs us. :) 

lovemyavy in Ohio! 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,848
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Tue, Dec 17 2013 9:23 AM

I am in for sure! Txs for doing tjis , Diana. Did you see her Sat?

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 654
Points 12,395
Michelle replied on Tue, Dec 17 2013 9:42 AM

Diane, I'd also like to make one and contribute to the fund. I have lots of purple! Will get that to u as soon as the holidays are over. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,190
Points 15,925
Susan replied on Tue, Dec 17 2013 9:53 AM

Diana, March 1 is great ! Give,s us time to get through the holidays. Hopefully,  Spring will be  a new beginning for Mary. Having spent the week in Tennessee last year together, I feel like I know her a little bit. She is a sensitive, caring, outgoing, and very likable women. She did a great job organizing the retreat there. Her health issues are major and extremely expensive so I can see why she worries so much. However, making her a quilt is a wonderful gesture of everyone's caring, and love. I would like to be included in making a block for her.  We sure do have a lot of kind quilters here at QCA and Im sure Mary will be uplifted by the generosity of so many.   Thank You Diana, you are a dear and special friend to her.  Susan

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,065

Diana, I am in. I will make note of the address and get stitching on this very, very soon. My nine year old granddaughter is coming for Christmas. I will include her in on the design, a way of sending more prayers, I guess.

And Marla, my mother adored Will Durant.

Jeanne in Michigan

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 46,580

Diana, count me in. I'd love to make a block for Mary.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on Tue, Dec 17 2013 1:17 PM

Dianne,

I will make or send one too. I don't know if I can get the hand to cooperate, but I just found a big stack of 12 1/2 squares with MIL's stuff.  I know I saw at least a couple of purples.  Will get them out after the holidays.

I don't know Mary except minimally through posting.  My oldest daughter suffers with bi polar disorder and I have had to make the decision to make that phone call. One time I ignored it and a friend she had not heard from in years called her.  She had just taken a handful of pills.  Fortunately that friend did call and have her MHA'd and saved her life.  I have learned that the anger is minor from having her taken in, compared to what might have been.

Jan In Roch NY

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

Count me in.  I'll get a block made up and sent next week.  If I leave it too long, I'll forget the darn thing.  Are batiks OK?  That's about all I have in purple. 

Brigit-Carol

Page 1 of 12 (168 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use