rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
14 Posts
Points 345
Maureen Delaney posted on Mon, Dec 16 2013 9:23 PM

Hi Everyone!

I am looking for software for quilting...not to design a quilt, but to actually use to quilt a pattern using my sewing machine.  You know, like the feather pattern, or swirls or something.  I use a Singer XL-400.  I Googled, but I can't seem to find what I am looking for...any suggestions?

Thanx!

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 150 Contributor
Female
646 Posts
Points 12,625

Hi, Maureen!  I don't know of any quilting software that will work with a domestic machine. All of the computerized machines that I've seen are longarms and midarms. They require computers and controllers that interact. Take a look at the HQ, APQS, and Gammill sites. Also, look at the IntelliQuilter site. They have computer systems that fit a variety of brands.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
2,664 Posts
Points 37,560
ls2116 replied on Mon, Dec 16 2013 10:26 PM

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but i've used eq 7 they have some stencil motifs but usually I use quilting books and enlarge the design to size then copy onto stabilizer for quilting hope this helps.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,493 Posts
Points 138,373

Maureen,

I looked up your  machine and designs are downloaded by usb directly to your machine. I have a link for you to pages and pages of quilting designs that may be helpful. http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/Browse.aspx?Catalog=Emblibrary&Category=quilts/All+Quilting+Designs+-+Full 

I can't help you as far as the download process for your machine, but for mine I have software to store my designs from Viking called Embroidery Extra. I think it has to be purchased thru a dealer. And I'm not sure you need it. Check your owners manual.

Not Ranked
Female
14 Posts
Points 345

Oh my gosh!  Carol, IS and Stephanie, thank you so much.  Stephanie I think what you found will work, I am going to give it a try.  I will let you know if it works.  I couldn't find a darn thing, you guys are the best!

Mo

Not Ranked
Female
14 Posts
Points 345

Stephanie's link works like a charm!!  I downloaded lots of patterns and tried one out this morning.  Perfect!  Thank you, thank you....I feel like a professional now!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,493 Posts
Points 138,373

Maureen,

You're so welcome. I'm happy that everything worked out for you and hope you have a great time with your machine embroidery.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use