Account Deleted

Page 3 of 5 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 60 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,533
Points 47,530

Mary, I am sorry that you had such a bad experience, but I am thanking the Lord that He answered our prayers. You are safe. You should realize that you are cared about, no one did anything our of malice. We care! We are continuing to lift you up in prayer and I am expecting more good news about you.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 20,385

Mary, hang in there. One day, you'll look back and this will all have just been a bad time in the past. Prarie dog did what I think any of us would have done if we'd thought of it. It's only because she cares about you. <3

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,952
Points 368,312
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 16 2013 6:35 PM

Mary,

I'm sorry you were treated badly.

We just want you to be OK. I sent you a message. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Dec 16 2013 8:52 PM

Those of us who are facebook friends have been talking to her about gwtting help. Our pleas were going nowhere. Who ever called the police I would like to say thank you.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Mon, Dec 16 2013 9:32 PM

stitcheraz:
Please remember that those who called were extremely worried about your safety.  They acted to keep you safe.  Sometimes, in making sure you are safe, the police do things that make us feel like we're being treated as criminals.  Your life is worth those extra steps and their lives are worth those extra steps as well.

There's a lot of love in all the posts on this page.  For several years on a rotating schedule, I had to make decisions about sending the police to pick someone up and meeting them at the local hospital for evaluation, sometimes ending in involuntary hospitalization.  I don't quite know how it is done in Tennessee, but here the police help us find someone and bring them to us, usually at the hospital.  The police in the process make sure you and others are safe.  They don't do it out of meanness.  They want to make sure the person being evaluated does not have something to harm themselves or someone else.  I had someone who was suicidal come at me with a knife, two co-workers were surprised when they had guns pulled on them.  When people are hurting they may do desperate things.  Thankfully no one was harmed.  

When I read your post Mary, I had that old feeling in the pit of my stomach and I knew I had to call the police.  I have no regrets. 

I went into counseling as a profession, because a counselor saved my life.  I was in weekly therapy for about a year and have been on medications.  I am so blessed that people cared about me when I didn't care about myself.  

You are loved Mary.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 634
Points 10,945
zoetc49 replied on Mon, Dec 16 2013 10:15 PM

I don't have a quilt machine, but maybe someone on here does and we could make her a quilt? 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,845
Brenda replied on Mon, Dec 16 2013 11:48 PM

Mary,

My son age 20 took his own life and I was not going to let a friend due the same.  I know the signs I suffer from Bio-polar disorder and fight it everyday.  I care about you and will never give up on you.  You can get mad at us but we will never stop caring about you.  We care deeply.Your friend Brenda Jarrett

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,514
Points 30,780
Diana replied on Tue, Dec 17 2013 6:26 AM

Zorro,  Making Mary a quilt is a great idea and I will volunteer to put it all together.  Her favorite color is purple.   Anyone interested, send me a PM and I will give you my mailing address.  How about 12 1/2 inch blocks that will finish at 12 inches when put together.  

Diana in East TN

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 634
Points 10,945
zoetc49 replied on Tue, Dec 17 2013 7:12 AM

Thank you for taking this on, you can count me in for sure....

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 5,100
Annette replied on Tue, Dec 17 2013 7:52 AM

Mary - my prayers and thoughts go out to you.   I hope someday you will feel the love and concern that come with these messages.   I will be praying for you and hope that you can reach out to someone.   There are a lot of hands reaching out for you.

To everyone who has posted here.   I am awed by your thoughts and actions.   God bless.  

Annette

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 5,100
Annette replied on Tue, Dec 17 2013 7:52 AM

Mary - my prayers and thoughts go out to you.   I hope someday you will feel the love and concern that come with these messages.   I will be praying for you and hope that you can reach out to someone.   There are a lot of hands reaching out for you.

To everyone who has posted here.   I am awed by your thoughts and actions.   God bless.  

Annette

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 20,385

Thank you, Diana!  I would like to make a block.  I have LOTS of purple fabric as it's also one of my favorite colors.  I will put a block together and either mail to you or maybe just bring to you when I see you in a couple weeks. 

Mary, please know that you're in my thoughts all the time!  I know we didn't know each other well, but I have been reading your posts for over a year now, so I feel like we know each other.  I remember your big smile from your profile picture that unfortunately has gone missing.  Hope to see it back again in the future!  <3

Raleigh, NC

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,065

You can count me in for a Block for Mary.

My older sister and my youngest son suffer of bi-polar disorder and psychotic depression. It is a monster and I know there are mere seconds of love that can make the difference between making it through another moment of life.I offer that love up unconditionally.

How do I find out how to send a block?

I am hoping to somehow keep track of these messages. I am a member of one group, the DearJane group. I don't know how to navigate this site except hit and miss.

Jeanne in Michigan

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 191
Points 3,245
hhhdmh replied on Tue, Dec 17 2013 9:07 AM

I will send a block if you guys are going to do a quilt. Just let me know what kind of block you want. Thanks and God Bless. Darlene in Indiana

God Bless

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 20,385

hhhdmh and anyone interested in the quilt - Diana opened a thread for it here

Raleigh, NC

Page 3 of 5 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use