rated by 0 users
This post has 60 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie replied on Mon, Dec 16 2013 10:56 AM

Mary,

I am so sorry you are going thru this depression. I know how it feels and my heart goes out to you. I hope you can find it to make your way back to QCA I know from experience if you give them a chance they will help you thru so much. I hope you know the depression is temporary and there are many good things in life to come yet. I also would like to point out not only is this winter (and screwy one at that) but also the holiday season....the combo of the two my ex use to say was never a good thing. He was right and I have to be careful around this time every year. I personally surround myself with positive people who love and care for me. If anytime you need to talk please let me know I am all over the internet. I suggest don't delete you accounts just delete the bad things that bother you and that might be a person, place or thing. But I am here and will listen to anything you need me to hear or just be a friend....you never know I hope to talk to you  one day. (((huggles)))

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 157
Points 2,640
Brenda replied on Mon, Dec 16 2013 11:48 AM

Mary,

Please know I am thinking of you and I am holding you in my arms (((hugs))).  I was so sad to here that you are having trouble and not feeling well.  I too suffer from depression and when I am not doing well I feel like my World should just go away. The right doctor and great medication can really make a difference.  It does take time to find the right combination.  Hang in there, and remember, if today all you can do is get a cup of tea then so be it.  Please know you make a difference to me, to us, to your family, your friends, and to the World.

Love Your Friend,

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 157
Points 2,640
Brenda replied on Mon, Dec 16 2013 11:50 AM

Thank You Prairie Dog

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on Mon, Dec 16 2013 1:27 PM

Prairie Dog,

Thank you for thinking and acting on your feet.  I would never have thought to call the police, but what a wonderful thing you did for Mary.  I don't know her except from occasional posts from here, but I am certain God acted through you. I will continue to keep her in my prayers.

jan in Rochester NY

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Mon, Dec 16 2013 2:02 PM

Prairie Dog   I had been able to track her down as well, and had spoken with the police and the mobile crisis unit.   The police told me they would go to her home.   Having more than one call surely helped.   

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Thanks for the hand cuffs and perp walk. I won't be sharing in this group ever again. 

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 589
Points 10,200
zoetc49 replied on Mon, Dec 16 2013 2:25 PM

Mary, 

Please, Everyone cares about you. Gosh, I understand so much about where you are right now. Feel free to PM me and talk with me. I will not go anywhere ( I promise) with the information, but I will be an ear to listen and a friend who will care. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Won't be able to do that once they lock me up. Would have been nice to get a call from a friend instead of cuffs and a perp walk not to mention the strip search. 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie replied on Mon, Dec 16 2013 2:34 PM

Mary, I'm sorry you fell that way. But remember when she had called they had already been there at your house. And remember when things get this bad you need people to make hard decisions. I've had friends who've made those decisions with good intentions. I know it may not seem that way right now but your safety is top of the list. So please don't do something that will hurt yourself or others. I don't know you personally but from your posts you have people who love and care about you. As I said before please contact me if you would like to chat. 

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 12,675

Mary,

I am sorry you feel this way but I would be devastated if I did nothing and you hurt yourself.  I know you are angry at me but I want to think it is the depression talking.  You are important to this world, your family and friends.  I have no regrets and would do it again.  May God wrap you in his arms and hold you tight.  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 12,705
Quiltless replied on Mon, Dec 16 2013 3:33 PM

Thank you, Patti.  I'm sure it did help to have more than one report.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 12,705
Quiltless replied on Mon, Dec 16 2013 3:44 PM

Moved to private message

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 102
Points 1,520

Mary, you don't know me and I don't know you, but I felt I needed to answer your angry, feeling betrayed post.  Please remember that those who called were extremely worried about your safety.  They acted to keep you safe.  Sometimes, in making sure you are safe, the police do things that make us feel like we're being treated as criminals.  Your life is worth those extra steps and their lives are worth those extra steps as well.  Having been through the trauma that suicide places on families and friends, I can tell you that your real friends did the right thing by getting help the quickest way they knew how.  You may not feel like thanking them now, but as you move through the getting help and healing process, you'll understand they had and have you firmly in their hearts.  It's okay to be angry, it's okay to be sad, it's okay to be overwhelmed.  It is not okay to give up to hurt those around you, even if they have hurt you.  Stay in communication.  Your friends will help.

stitcheraz

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 63
Points 1,240
Sherry replied on Mon, Dec 16 2013 4:00 PM

Reading these posts, I am awestruck that so many deeply caring people did so much to help a person who was seemingly crying out for help. You are all heroes!

Sherry

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 646
Points 12,625

Mary, Just to put it simply, We Care About You!

Page 2 of 5 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use