Are we being blocked from using QCA

Page 3 of 4 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 48 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,120

I've been reading about all of the problems some members are having with QCA. I have not had those problems so I count myself fortunate. There have been a few times in the past year I've not been able to get on but they have been few and far between. I joined Snickerdoodle but I keep coming back to QCA. It is hard to follow multiple sites and takes away from my sewing time. This time of year it is crucial to have sewing time. I'm concerned about members leaving, especially the retreat group. I hope the information continues to be updated there because I signed up and paid deposits for two retreats in 2014.  I won't know if I renew my membership until May 2014. I have met some very nice people on this site. It seems that the people who are on the site all the time are having the most difficulty, which statistically would be logical.  I guess I will check post once a day unless activity increases. I hope QCA gets things worked out so many of you stay. Once you get used to it this site is pretty easy to navigate. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 680
Points 17,070

I'm not a paid member, and except for the wonderful folks on here would have given up long ago.  I have found a forum I really like called Quilting Haven.  It is small enough that I feel at home, but not so small that threads drag.  They also sponsor retreats.  I may be going to their retreat at Branson in April, depending on the actual dates, which hasn't been set yet.  Or if not that one, then Albuquerque in August. 

I invite all of you to try Quilting Haven out.  BTW, I Binged "Snickerdoodle quilting forum" and all that came up were cookie recipes and a couple of links to QB and back here.  Could someone PM me the actual URL?  Thanks.

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,669
Points 120,410

Brigit-Carol. Do you have a link? I tried Googling Quilting Have but got several different hits that didn't look like what you're referring to.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,669
Points 120,410

Never mind Brigit-Carol, I found the forum. Thanks.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,287
Points 29,075
Agnes replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 5:00 PM

Brigit-Carol:
BTW, I Binged "Snickerdoodle quilting forum" and all that came up were cookie recipes

Unless I am mistaken it is the forum run by Missouri Star. At least I landed there when I googled Snickerdoodle quilt forum. Other than the link to Missouri Star it was all cookie recipes. I didn't save the link at the time so waiting for someone who is an actual member to pipe up.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 5:02 PM

I pm'ed it to Bridget-Carol.  it is an Australian web site.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 615
Points 10,615
zoetc49 replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 6:10 PM

I still will be here, but I joined that one too...it looks nice. I used the same name as on here. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,823
Points 365,977
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 6:30 PM

I think most of us will still be here as long as there is a QCA. Most of us, however, will not be paying for "premium" membership.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,669
Points 120,410

Kris:

I think most of us will still be here as long as there is a QCA. Most of us, however, will not be paying for "premium" membership.

Well said Kris. I still like the format of QCA the best for communicating and sharing.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 7:24 PM

Did you all see the post on FB about 2 hours ago by QCA Morgan:

"Quilters Club of America

I have received the following message from our technical team today "Development on a revamped site is underway and (admittedly) taken longer than expected. We're in dialog with our development team now to provide a more detailed update, but are anticipating movement soon." I will post updates on QCA Facebook as they come in and I should be receiving more information soon.

Thank you,

QCA Morgan"

This is interesting that this post was NOT made here on QCA...but rather on FB (Facebook), and IMHO doesn't really say anything we haven't been hearing for over a year.  But, maybe, just maybe... there is some hope.

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,823
Points 365,977
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 8:54 PM

Donna B:
This is interesting that this post was NOT made here on QCA...but rather on FB (Facebook), and IMHO doesn't really say anything we haven't been hearing for over a year.  But, maybe, just maybe... there is some hope.

Yes interesting. I look forward to a QCA with no errors like the "old days".

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 9:40 PM

Brigit-Carol:
I invite all of you to try Quilting Haven out.  BTW, I Binged "Snickerdoodle quilting forum" and all that came up were cookie recipes and a couple of links to QB and back here.  Could someone PM me the actual URL?

For those looking for links, Quilting Haven is HERE.  The registration page explains that the site is unmoderated, so I wonder if spam is an issue here.  This site reminds me a lot of Quilting Board.  Brigit-Carol says it is small enough that she feels at home, so that is a good endorsement.  Quilting Board is quite large.

Snickerdoodle Dreams is HERE.  At this site, you need to click on "Snickerdoodle Community" and then you need to register.  It will take from 10 minutes to 2 days to be approved for membership, depending on how busy the owner/moderator is in her personal life.  This is the site that has the fun live chat, and there are groups and discussion threads, so it feels a lot like QCA, only organized a bit differently, so there is a learning curve.

Quilting Board is HERE.

Does anyone else know of an enjoyable quilting forum?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 9:40 PM

~delete~   [duplicate]

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 10:31 PM

I haven't found Quilters Quilting on Facebook. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,120

Donna B:

Did you all see the post on FB about 2 hours ago by QCA Morgan:

"Quilters Club of America

I have received the following message from our technical team today "Development on a revamped site is underway and (admittedly) taken longer than expected. We're in dialog with our development team now to provide a more detailed update, but are anticipating movement soon." I will post updates on QCA Facebook as they come in and I should be receiving more information soon.

Thank you,

QCA Morgan"

I only care that they are working on it and that people will stay with QCA if fixed. Where they post the progress doesn't matter as long as they fix the problems very soon. I have heard about these problems since I joined last year and would rather talk about quilting with my new friends than spend time with QCA problems. I'm sure most of you are the same way. I also thought the move to a New and  better server took place this summer so I was a little surprised to find out it didn't. With all the sponsorship on the site and sister site QNNTV you would think they have enough at stake to invest in a site upgrade immediately.  I know QCA Admin Morgan takes a lot of crap for the sight and I would hope she gets paid well to listen and help resolve the issues. The sad thing is that QCA had a loyal following and they are gradually losing members by lack of premium renewal. I'm not sure how many members they have that aren't premium but the site has never appeared to have hundreds of members on at a time. Of course I don't know if online members refers only to premium members or not. I'm not a computer programmer but I do know if you pay for a service you expect that service to operate correctly. A year of people complaining is not good business. Maybe this site isn't profitable so the efforts to maintain it are minimal. I sure like the site but business is business and if it's not profitable they should just close it instead of leading people on that there will be a fix shortly ( a year isn't shortly by anyone's standards).

aka Grandma Sunshine

Page 3 of 4 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use