Page 1 of 4 (49 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 48 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini Posted: Fri, Dec 6 2013 9:51 AM

Are we being blocked from using QCA?  If we are could you just please tell us.   I can see that some people are able to get on and use the site, but there are quite a number of us that cannot access the site.   I have had to hunt on the internet for a link from a private individual, to find a back door to get on.  What is going on?   Will you communicate with us and tell us what we need to do?   The browser we use is obviously not the problem, we use a variety of browsers.  I have three, no four different computers with four different browsers, the only way I can access you is through this back door, on my ipad.  I can't get on any other way.  Intermittently and increasingly more frequently our access to  the site is being cut off.     If you are not going to fix this issue in a timely manner, could I have a refund?  It has been a year, after all, that we have been told you are working on the problems.  I only see them getting worse.   

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 80
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,765

I've had issues for weeks!  I was surprised when this last attempt to log on actually worked.    There are several people upset with me because I wasn't able to respond and send tracking info etc.    I didn't pay for renewal (I was giving them time to fix site issues) and I am glad that I didn't.   It's really sad because this was once the best quilters site online.  

Piece, Love, Quilt

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 796
Points 12,845
Quiltless replied on Fri, Dec 6 2013 11:19 AM

It is working for me, Gini.  Maybe I get on through a different server?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 258,015
QCA Admin replied on Fri, Dec 6 2013 11:28 AM

Hi Gini–You are not blocked from Quilters Club. The last couple days I've had to click on email links to open the site as well. I also use multiple browsers to see which one is working best this week. All I can do from my end is apologize for this frustrating system that we are all currently dealing with. I'm pretty frustrated with it too. Sorry I don't have an answer.

QCA Morgan 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 331
Points 5,860
Jenia replied on Fri, Dec 6 2013 11:38 AM

I stay logged in using Mozzilla Firefox at work and on the iPad at home and haven't had any trouble.

The worst thing that happens to me is my photos are posted upside down when I use my iPad.

But I stay logged on and have not had any issues in a very long time.  It's slow, but it has been linking through without any errors.  Now that I've said that I'm sure I just jinxed myself, right?  lol

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Fri, Dec 6 2013 1:21 PM

thanks for responding, morgan.  this is geting beyond frustrating.  i am on several different sites and not one of them have issues like QCA, nor do they get the spam.   when i first joined here it was so much fun, everything worked, we could contact admin directly by phone with problems, people didn't have to wait weeks or months to get a responce from them.   it is a much different site today, and not for the better.

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 694
Points 11,935
zoetc49 replied on Fri, Dec 6 2013 8:22 PM

Gini, 

Do you think that your firewall on other program on your computer might be blocking you? Could you have a virus that is stopping you from logging on?. Just a thought.

I have not had any issues, will only when I had IE.

I hope you won't leave here.    

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Sat, Dec 7 2013 12:17 AM

No zoetc, I think it is a site problem.   I don't have problems anywhere else.  I have 4 different computers I use, each with their own browser.  And I am not the only one having problems.   A large number of people have stopped coming to the site because it is too frustrating,    An even larger number have dropped their paid subscriptions, they are so frustrated.   We have started a Facebook page so we can chat when the site is down.  4-5 years ago, there was never a problem with the site, it is only in the last two years we have been having problems and they are getting progressively worse.   There are several members looking for a site that is more customer friendly.      A site that has customer service instead of customer NO service.     I feel really sorry for Morgan getting dropped into this quagmire. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935

Gini, it is indeed frustrating. Yesterday and today I was able to easily get on but who knows what will happen next time. I am due for renewal on April and don't plan on renewing.  It seems to me that  there is no advantage to being a paid member. QNNTV  does not have much in the way of quality anymore, Sam's carries Easy Quilts at a discount if I really want one. The biggest draw for me is the community, as more and more people lose interest due to frustration the community shrinks.  For several years QCA was the best site around, but that is no longer true. It is very sad to see it falter. I realize that it is a business, but have to wonder if the owners, investors or whatever want it to fail because it appears to this lowly PAID member that they aren't trying to fix things. They are already sending letters and emails trying to get me to renew so I know they know I am out here. So my question to them is, what's in it for me? Unless you can bring something more to the table we no longer have anything to talk about!

QCA Morgan,you've been great, sorry you inherited this mess.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sat, Dec 7 2013 9:38 AM

I agree Pat and Gini...I'm not renewing my paid membership, either.  I can only get on about every other day and it's very frustrating to always get that "Sorry" screen.  Most of time I don't even check anymore, just go straight to FB and Snicker...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sat, Dec 7 2013 11:40 AM

How do you get onto a Facebook site ?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,043
Points 369,157
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 7 2013 3:49 PM

I can get on to the site but I still get random error messages. It's not worth it to me to keep trying to get my post up. It's really said because there are so many new members with questions that I may be able to answer but can't due to these errors.

I wish there could be a fix because Facebook does't do it for me.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Sat, Dec 7 2013 3:53 PM

Vivian type quilters quilting on face book, that is our group.  QCA has their own Facebook page,  with mostly their advertising and our complaining.  Kris we have been having some fun on the live chat

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 694
Points 11,935
zoetc49 replied on Sat, Dec 7 2013 4:05 PM

Hi Gini,

Thanks, I will also note the FB group. I hate FB, but will keep that in mind for future. 

I hope this site will get the issues fixed- soon!

I wish they would keep everyone informed as that would help keep some of the frustration down. Not knowing what is going on and no customer service is indeed very frustrating. This site is great- when it is working.   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,043
Points 369,157
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 7 2013 4:11 PM

GIni as much as I love you all I just can't sustain a live chat. I disconnected from the chat room.

Page 1 of 4 (49 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use