Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 125
Elizabeth Cole Posted: Thu, Dec 5 2013 8:20 PM

Hi! I am from Alabama and have a question for all you folks that have been quilting for awhile. I am in the market for a new quikting machine and want to stay around 1200.00 any recommendations? Also, i have gone to local places but they say they would orefer I did jot test drive the machine, what do you do in that case? I sure don't want to spend that knd of money and not be able to test it first! Thanks for all your recommendations and suggestions!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,934
gini replied on Fri, Dec 6 2013 7:26 PM

hi elizabeth, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Fri, Dec 6 2013 11:50 PM

Welcome, Elizabeth ! Are you looking for an actual quilting machine or a sewing machine that you can quilt on ? If your looking for a machine, Sewing Machine Plus .com has several in your price range. Also, they have just a quilting machine, too. You could test it at a store and than buy online at the cheaper price, thats what I did.After comparing prices they were the better buy and no sales tax and free shipping.  Hope this helps!     Susan, North Florida

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sat, Dec 7 2013 3:03 AM

For a sewing machine you can quilt with, get one that has a good dealer near you.  Someone you can trust to help you if there are problems.

Fro a long arm, perhaps you can find a good used machine.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 10:54 AM

Welcome Elizabeth...I can't believe that a shop wouldn't want you to test drive the machines.  Mine in Reno wouldn't sell me a machine unless I tested them...actually they were able to upsell that way.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use