Decorating for Preschoolers

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
1 Posts
Points 20
Sherri posted on Wed, Dec 4 2013 3:36 PM

I just joined QCA 15 min ago so plz be patient if I'm doing this wrong :-) I'm going to spend some time getting my 3 yr-old g'daughter ready for school over the next 2-3 years and want to create a fun learning corner or "station" at my house. Loving quilts, I'm wondering if there's a quick way to decorate with preschool-themed quilts. Right now I'm thinking a quick one with letters, one w/numbers...but I'd like to do more. How do I get her excited about science or history topics (appropriate for her age). Do I make one using vinyl fabric for her art time? I don't want a giant jumble that ends up being distracting or just plain ugly, but I keep thinking there ought to be a creative way to use coordinating fabrics and quilts to make her new "school" corner inviting. Any ideas?

Sherri

• | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Top 75 Contributor
1,508 Posts
Points 30,675
Diana replied on Wed, Dec 4 2013 4:51 PM

Hello and Welcome.  Did you know there is such a thing as blackboard fabric?  You could make a wall hanging with the chalkboard in the center and the numbers and letters to copy around it.  There's also fabric with the solar system that glows in the dark.  Animal fabric is another idea.  I'm just thinking aloud.

Again, welcome and enjoy

Diana in East TN

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
671 Posts
Points 12,810

My granddaughter loves the blackboard material. I made one with her colors around the outside then put a ribbon in the top to hang above her desk. She writes her assignments on it. Made one for my daughter also for her kitchen and she keeps track of her menu for dinners. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use