Top 10 Posters

batting question

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 35
jalynne posted on Tue, Dec 3 2013 6:34 PM

Do you do anything to prepare your batting?  I purchase my batting from Joann's, and it is rolled in a bag.  I use cotton. I am just wondering if it would be a smoother process if I flattened out the batting for a few days.

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,421 Posts
Points 415,889
gini replied on Tue, Dec 3 2013 7:27 PM

I get it out of the bag, cut off the length I need, unfold that piece and let it relax for a day.   I've used them right out of the bag and it works,  this just makes it a bit more co operative.   I also will wash a batting on a gentle setting if I don't want it to shrink.  But you need to be careful there.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,827

I have really liked using batting from a roll.  I waited until I had a 60% off coupon from Joann's, and I bought a big giant roll of warm and natural 80/20.  The batting comes off this roll straight, flat, ready to use!  You just have to have enough storage space to hide the roll when not in use.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,587 Posts
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Dec 3 2013 11:44 PM

MNnancy:

I have really liked using batting from a roll.  I waited until I had a 60% off coupon from Joann's, and I bought a big giant roll of warm and natural 80/20.  The batting comes off this roll straight, flat, ready to use!  You just have to have enough storage space to hide the roll when not in use.

I always buy my batting off the roll...much easier to use.  I, too, wait until it is on sale or I have a coupon.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use