Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 51
Points 840
txsueh Posted: Tue, Dec 3 2013 12:49 PM

Anyone going to make the latest series quilt beginning with McCall's Quilting issue Jan/Feb 2014? 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

Hi Sue,

I noticed that quilt and thought about it, but I'm not going to do it at this time.  Too busy and don't have the right fabrics.  But I like it a lot and I'll probably follow along if you get a group to do it with!

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 591
Points 10,240
zoetc49 replied on Tue, Dec 3 2013 11:49 PM

I just now saw that, I might do it. I have all the fabrics... I think so anyways, and I am not allowing myself to buy any fabric this year. I love Green, so I might just do it.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,470
Points 116,790

Sue, I didn't notice the pattern before. Thanks for bringing it my attention. I've printing off those pages from my digital issue. I really like it and just might consider making it. I wouldn't have to buy anything. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 51
Points 840
txsueh replied on Wed, Dec 4 2013 12:27 PM

So, do we want to start a group under McCall's Quilting to share pics and adventures?  I thought the quilt looked pretty good and thought I might be able to keep up with it.   I think I have plenty of stash fabric for this.  It could be done in different colorways, too.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,470
Points 116,790

txsueh:

So, do we want to start a group under McCall's Quilting to share pics and adventures?  I thought the quilt looked pretty good and thought I might be able to keep up with it.   I think I have plenty of stash fabric for this.  It could be done in different colorways, too.

Don't know how many are interested so not sure if a separate group is needed? Not my area of expertise I'm afraid. I usually just go along to get along. ie: lazy.  I did start the project in my EQ7 as the blocks seem to easier for me to understand. But can't guarantee how much time I'll put into actually making the quilt. I do love it, so probably after Christmas.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 51
Points 840
txsueh replied on Wed, Dec 4 2013 1:47 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Don't know how many are interested so not sure if a separate group is needed? Not my area of expertise I'm afraid. I usually just go along to get along. ie: lazy.  I did start the project in my EQ7 as the blocks seem to easier for me to understand. But can't guarantee how much time I'll put into actually making the quilt. I do love it, so probably after Christmas.

Not my area either, Judy!  :)  I'm relatively new to these types of forums.  Not sure the general discussion area is the place for a quilt along.  Just thought it might be easier to find if it was a group.  Not sure I'll get much done on it before Christmas myself.  Maybe pull out some fabrics...that's always fun!

Great idea to create this in EQ7.  I think I'll do that myself!!!  Thanks!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,472
Points 362,082
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 4 2013 5:08 PM

From what I can tell there are only three parts to this project so a separate group might not be the best way to go if your don't get enough participation.

You can do the project within a group that focuses on techniques used to make this quilt. If many of you have EQ and use it to recreate the quilt you could do it in the EQ group and share tips on getting it done.

How about the scrap group? Will there be appliqué or paper piecing?

I don't see a problem if you want to have a thread in the general forum. Just make sure replies are coming to you or save it as a favourite so you can easily find it again.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 51
Points 840
txsueh replied on Fri, Dec 6 2013 9:14 AM

Kris:

From what I can tell there are only three parts to this project so a separate group might not be the best way to go if your don't get enough participation.

You can do the project within a group that focuses on techniques used to make this quilt. If many of you have EQ and use it to recreate the quilt you could do it in the EQ group and share tips on getting it done.

How about the scrap group? Will there be appliqué or paper piecing?

I don't see a problem if you want to have a thread in the general forum. Just make sure replies are coming to you or save it as a favourite so you can easily find it again.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.  We can use this thread.  Doesn't seem to be much interest in making this particular quilt.  Maybe another quilt will come along in McCall's Quilting magazine one day that will generate more participants.

Merry Christmas everyone!  Keep on Stitchin'!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,470
Points 116,790

txsueh:
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.  We can use this thread.  Doesn't seem to be much interest in making this particular quilt.  Maybe another quilt will come along in McCall's Quilting magazine one day that will generate more participants.

I love the pattern and intend to make, already pulling fabrics. In fact, I broke down and bought some background fabric. I was in the sewing shop yesterday to pick up needles for my machine. They carry a limited amount of fabrics but always very good quality. I was about to leave when the clerk said "did you notice we've marked a selection of fabrics down by 50%?" 14 yards later I walk out a very happy shopper. I got some great tone on tone neutrals by Buggy Barn and  a couple prints by Benartex. $5.25 yard!  The prints will go well in the Loyal Union Sampler project.

I think I may stop back today and take more time to see what I missed. They also have a cutting table that I was drooling over. I figure if I gave up the Oregon retreat next year I could buy it. But wouldn't do that for anything.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use