rated by 0 users
This post has 24 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Nov 29 2013 7:27 PM

Denise Smart:

Diana:

They must have hired the same group that Obama did for the health insurance.

Diana in East TN

Snicker, snicker. I needed a good laugh. Thanks Diana

Ditto

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Nov 29 2013 7:29 PM

ls2116:

If you don't pay for membership can you still take part in groups and and have a gallery and get v.i.p. discount for fabric?

I get everything except the VIP discount...and frankly I never used that when I had it because I always had a coupon for a better deal. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 611
Points 10,595
zoetc49 replied on Fri, Nov 29 2013 9:31 PM

Josee, 

I heard one member suggest that we keep the fabric scraps to stuff dog beds. maybe you can start of group to help you with your project? We all enjoy helping everyone we can. I think that is wonderful what you are doing for the pets. You never know, you can also ask us to make one extra block of what we are working on ( even out of other fabrics) and send it to you for you to make dogs beds for the shelters or the rescues. Come back, it's the site that can be bad, not us   : )    

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Sat, Dec 7 2013 3:51 PM

Hi prairiecat,   The site has been experiencing  a lot of technical difficulty the past year.   QCA Morgan has already seen this thread, and may not come back to it.   Start another thread with your problem to get her attention and she should get to it pretty quickly.   There is a lot of frustration over the foot dragging in the customer service department,  but the quilters here are a wonderful group. Helpful knowledgeable, supportive.  We have a lot of fun here, we organize our own retreats and get togethers.   The site is well organized to navigate around.   We just wish that admin would get off their hind ends and get some customer service.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sun, Dec 8 2013 10:00 AM

Gini you are such a cheerleader. Go Gini, go Gini!!

It is correct though if you just use the public areas it is almost tolerable. At least we are not paying to be annoyed.  I really enjoyed its site when I first found it and made some really good quilty friends. I'll carry on until I get irritated enough to toss my computer through the window 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Sun, Dec 8 2013 11:44 AM

I have to say, my membership comes up for renewel in January, and i wont be paying for it again, lots of time it takes too long to get on the site, It frequently comes up with the error message when i try to sign in, and there is just too much spam, ive found that using facebook and Snickerdoodle i can keep in touch with the people i need to, its a real shame as the site has great potential but as long as there are this many problems, I wont pay.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 365
Points 6,820

I don't think I will renew either.  The spam is ridiculous and has been going on for a long long time.  I don't really use the VIP benefits either, and I can buy the magazine (which I actually like very much)  at the store.  I haven't personally been experiencing the login problems some of you have.  The thing is that they should be more responsive when there are problems.  It seems to me that there was a quicker response to problems at the beginning and I wonder if the site/community has just gotten too large for them to handle.  I guess I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. 

Anyway, we can still get on and do most things for free and that is what I will most likely do.  I do like to see what others are creating.  It's just a little bit sad that it comes to this.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 611
Points 10,595
zoetc49 replied on Sun, Dec 8 2013 1:52 PM

They still will make money even for all of us using the site for free. They make it by us just coming on here. I have always used it for free. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 110
Josee replied on Tue, Apr 8 2014 6:39 AM

ajaja

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use