rated by 0 users
This post has 24 Replies | 8 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 110
Josee Posted: Thu, Nov 28 2013 7:39 PM

Hello, 

I renewed my membership to QCA on November 13th, then received an email stating my credit card had not gone through. I immediately returned to the site to proceed to renewal once again. On November 22nd, I received my credit card statement showing 2 charges for my membership renewal!!! I immediately sent an email to QCA explaining the problem and asking for refund of one of these charges and have received NO answer to date. 

Today, I contacted my credit card company to file a dispute with regards to this. They have already reimbursed me for the extra charge and will take it up directly with QCA. I now log on site and see that my membership expires on December 26th, 2013?!?! 

Since your customer support can't be bothered to answer back, be advised that I'll be speaking yet again to my credit card issuer in the morning to ask for the cancellation of the second charge, which should have been the renewal of my account that QCA can't be bothered to deal with. 

I'm disgusted with this whole situation!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Thu, Nov 28 2013 8:32 PM

There are a lot of us pretty miffed with QCA right now. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,749
Points 38,825
ls2116 replied on Thu, Nov 28 2013 8:55 PM

Gini what have I missed to have you upset?  

I haven't renewed mine yet but if I had a problem I would try calling during business hrs.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 613
Points 10,605
zoetc49 replied on Thu, Nov 28 2013 9:20 PM

Since you don't seem to post much or use this site much, maybe using the free part would be better for you, this is what I do. I am sure there are many added benefits to the paid version. If I were you I would cancel the paid version unless there is some part of it that is beneficial to you. I am not ditching the site, but you have not post much so I am wondering what the benefits are for you.  I hope you see you more and posting your projects and become part of the community, even the free one.  : )

Josee:

Hello, 

I renewed my membership to QCA on November 13th, then received an email stating my credit card had not gone through. I immediately returned to the site to proceed to renewal once again. On November 22nd, I received my credit card statement showing 2 charges for my membership renewal!!! I immediately sent an email to QCA explaining the problem and asking for refund of one of these charges and have received NO answer to date. 

Today, I contacted my credit card company to file a dispute with regards to this. They have already reimbursed me for the extra charge and will take it up directly with QCA. I now log on site and see that my membership expires on December 26th, 2013?!?! 

Since your customer support can't be bothered to answer back, be advised that I'll be speaking yet again to my credit card issuer in the morning to ask for the cancellation of the second charge, which should have been the renewal of my account that QCA can't be bothered to deal with. 

I'm disgusted with this whole situation!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Fri, Nov 29 2013 1:37 AM

is, the site being down constantly and not being able to access different areas of the site,  the incessant spam.  members not being able to get hold of admin, sometimes waiting months for a reply, sometimes getting no reply at all.  the mess ups with renewing,  the list goes on and on.   there is no excuse for any of this.  they have promised us for over a year now that this mess is being fixed.   i don't see much change.   and yet, even though they have addressed none of these problems or fixed them.   they are still admitting new members and taking their money for services not rendered.   pretty poor business model.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Fri, Nov 29 2013 2:03 AM

i missed the post pending moderation page and the error messages.    really?   it seems QCA is modeling the TSA ,  doing random post pendings and errors, instead of leaving a little message in our checked bags they leave an error message, just to see if we are paying attention.   we have noticed them admin,  they have been going on for over a year now, they are beyond annoying.   how long does it take to switch a server?  and fix these issues?  

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,508
Points 30,675
Diana replied on Fri, Nov 29 2013 4:25 AM

They must have hired the same group that Obama did for the health insurance.

Diana in East TN

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 110
Josee replied on Fri, Nov 29 2013 10:39 AM

I originally got the membership in order to receive Easy Quilts and you're right in that I haven't used the site much, as I'm a bit of a loner in my hobbies. I'm a beginner quilter and have used most of my newly acquired skills in order to make dog quilt blankets for my local SPCA, as well as quilted pads and covers for the transporters I use to bring my birds and parrots to the vet. I'm only now working on a first quilt for myself. 

I have spoken to my credit card company this morning to dispute both charges instead of one and will await the outcome of that. What is certain is that I will NOT be renewing my membership here. At worst, it will have cost me 42$ CAD to learn the lesson and from now on, I will be buying my Easy Quilts directly on the Fon and Porters website. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Fri, Nov 29 2013 10:50 AM

I'm sorry you had a bad experience here.   This has been a wonderful site for meeting quilty friend and looking at all the projects people are working on, and even participating in group quilting projects.   Did you know you can continue to do nearly everything here without a paid membership.  You won't get the magazine or be able to access QNNTV,  but everything else is available.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, Nov 29 2013 10:52 AM

I don't think I'll renew my paid membership this year, unless things get a lot better between now and May.  I seldom go on the QNN site and I can buy the magazine at the local grocery when I see one that I want.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, Nov 29 2013 10:53 AM

I don't think I'll renew my paid membership this year unless things get a lot better between now and May.  I seldom use the QNN site and I can always buy the mag at the local grocery if there is one I really want.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 110
Josee replied on Fri, Nov 29 2013 11:21 AM

It certainly isn't your fault Gini if the bad experience hit me and I well understand that the problem isn't with QCA members, but with the administration of the site. 

I got the membership for the wrong reasons and will not be making the same mistake again. I unfortunately have very little time to be online, as I dedicate much of my time to helping the cause of animals, both at the SPCA and within my own home for those I've chosen to save. 

I may be back someday, but right now, the taste in my mouth is too bitter. I still thank you for the very kind words. 

And QCA administrators; Shame on you for leaving fully paid members like this without reply!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,355

Diana:

They must have hired the same group that Obama did for the health insurance.

Diana in East TN

Snicker, snicker. I needed a good laugh. Thanks Diana

Denise Smart

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,749
Points 38,825
ls2116 replied on Fri, Nov 29 2013 5:59 PM

If you don't pay for membership can you still take part in groups and and have a gallery and get v.i.p. discount for fabric?

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,812
Points 365,772
Kris replied on Fri, Nov 29 2013 6:21 PM

You won't get the discounts or the magazine. Everything else is accessible; paid or not.

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use