Restarting the Dear Jane Group in Jan 2014

Page 3 of 3 (39 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 38 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365

I have ordered the book also I will have to see how much storage space before thinking about the software.  If I can not do the software I will probably do the easy ones only.  I am not sure when I will receive my book.  I hope it is next week and I am with you PatA I am behind in my Loyal Union Soldiers so I will spending the next few days trying to catch up.

Mimi to my knowledge you have installed the right software to chsnge the mac into a windows.  When you try to download does it give you an error message?.

Jeanette

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,390
Jacy replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 10:58 AM

Pat A:

Don't know if I will do Dear Jane or not.  I did order the book and hope to receive it this week.  Then I'll decide.  I was going to order the CD if I do this project but somewhere I read that you need Windows 7 or better.  I have windows XP so I don't know if it would be compatible.   While I'm waiitng on the book, I guess I'll make an effort to get caught up on LUS.  LOL

Pat A. in KY

Pat, the software is an older program (unless they have updated it?) I don't think you'll have a problem.

I have the software but it only works on our old computer which is rarely used (our newer one is a Mac), so far i have made the blocks without the software. With the software you can print out foundations for the blocks you want to paperpiece, but you can also photocopy them from the book and cut them apart. We'll give tips and help as we go along. Also there's nothing that says you have to make every block. There are several photos of quilts in the book that were made with less blocks.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,390
Jacy replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 11:04 AM

Jeanette Kennedy Asiala:
I have ordered the book also I will have to see how much storage space before thinking about the software.  If I can not do the software I will probably do the easy ones only.

Jeanette, my answer to Pat above should help you too. Also most of the first assigned blocks can be made without even having the book yet.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365

Thanks Jacy.  I will look at the first assigned blocks.  I just heard my book has been shipped.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 2:09 PM

Thanks for your suggestion, Jeanette.  It was just a learning curve we had to go through.  I do have it loaded now.  I don't know when I'm going to be able to start this.  I'm hoping for some s**w days to complete some of my other UFO's and then we'll see.  Maybe the next break for MLK, Jr. day......Hmmm long weekend.....Plus I think I feel some sick days coming on.....

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365

Mimi so glad to hear you got it installed.  I am try to get caught up myself but still hope to a least to do the easy ones.  Good luck getting your UFO's done.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Has the dear Jane group started yet? I didn't find it in groups.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Never mind. I found it. Been reading all the threads for an hour. Time for bed.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,390
Jacy replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 11:07 PM

Glad you found it Elaine.

If anyone missed it, I have posted the first assignment in the Dear Jane Group. Some easy ones to get started. Look for more next Wednesday the 8th.

Page 3 of 3 (39 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use