Page 2 of 3 (39 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 38 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Tue, Dec 3 2013 11:49 PM

After checking the book on Amazon and the reviews that said there really aren't any directions, not sure if I'm going to attempt this or not.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,465
Points 416,829
gini replied on Wed, Dec 4 2013 2:55 AM

Karla, they give the patterns,  you really don't need directions.   You can choose the method you want to make the blocks

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Wed, Dec 4 2013 11:14 AM

OK, I might reconsider since I like Jacy's done in blue and white and I have a ton of blue/white right now.  I'll go back and order the book...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Wed, Dec 4 2013 11:49 AM

karla, I'll give ideas on ways to construct each block and everyone can give their imput too. A lot of these are unique blocks and there are no right or wrong way to construct them.........No quilt police here!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Wed, Dec 4 2013 2:27 PM

I've ordered the book and they say it should be here by Christmas.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 145
Points 1,895

Jacy,  I have a few blocks of the Dear Jane quilt made.  I think I will join this group even though I am way behind on the Loyal Soldier quilt group.  I might finish them all at some point, like when I retire.

Thanks for hosting this.  Maybe I will get more blocks made!   Denise

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Thu, Dec 5 2013 9:39 PM

Denise :
Jacy,  I have a few blocks of the Dear Jane quilt made.  I think I will join this group even though I am way behind on the Loyal Soldier quilt group.  I might finish them all at some point, like when I retire.

Denise, the more the merrier.

We all have multiple projects going on, for some reason we are never satisfied with just one. We just work on them all here and there and every once in a while we actually finish one. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 180
Points 3,150
Patricia4 replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 12:27 AM

Hello everyone, I am brand new here.  I am a fairly new quilter.  I just discovered the Dear Jane and I am hooked!  I just ordered the EQ software.  I have been searching for an "active" DJ group.  It looks like you all have made a great deal of progress already on your blocks!

Life on my side of the screen is pretty crazily busy right now, and I am also in the middle of several other projects (aren't we all?!) - so I don't think I can possibly keep up with several assigned blocks every two weeks, but I will plod along as best I can and contribute as I am able.  New Year's Resolution - spend more time quilting! 

Contemplating the purchase of -- ?? 20 yards ?? -- of background fabric -- not sure how much will be called for, but have heard it is in that range -- and I guess if I want it all to match, that will be a major purchase to get this started.

Anyway - hope you will all "count me in", and I am sure I will be learning a LOT along the way -- do you all use a combination of regular and paper piecing for the most part, depending on the block?  And the applique blocks scare me ....

/Patricia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 132
Points 1,755
SoBuzy replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 12:59 AM

Karla, I have the software and some civil war material....do you think you could prod me to keep up?? You do so well with getting it done!! I seemed to want to do it but don't find time to jump in!!  Great to see your smiling face even if it's on line!  Tell your hubby I said hello!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365

Jacy just saw you were doing a Dear Jane group.  I love your blocks. They are beautiful.  I know I am crazy, since I am not even caught up on our our group, but I will order the book and join your group.  I might do this one with just two colors also.

Jeanette

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,786
Points 122,660

Welcome Patricia4, glad to have you with us. 20 yards of background kind of takes my breath away but that's only if you paper piece most of the blocks. It's less if you use other methods. I'll use a combination and my backgrounds will be scrappy but all light tone on tone. I'm also only using a couple colors, blues and greens.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 191
Points 3,245
hhhdmh replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 11:51 AM

I know this might sound like a dumb question, but what is the Dear Jane Group? Thanks and God Bless. Darlene in Indiana

God Bless

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,786
Points 122,660

hhhdmh, you can find information on the group under Groups and click on Dear Jane. You'll need to "join" the group. No cost, just a click of the button. Doesn't obligate you to anything it just makes the information available to you. If you also click on the Subscribe button, you'll get emails when someone posts information about a block or a photo of the block they made.

There is a Dear Jane book with all the blocks associated with the project. You may be able to find it at a local quilt shop, it's online on Amazon.com.  There is also a CD software that I like really well as it makes it much easier to make the blocks. The book has pictures and templates of each block but not much in the way of instruction. The CD allows you to print off the patterns in a variety of ways.

If you Google Dear Jane quilt you'll find a huge amount of information about the woman who originally made this incredible quilt back in the mid 1800's.

I hope this helps. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 475
Points 9,255
Pat A replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 9:07 AM

Don't know if I will do Dear Jane or not.  I did order the book and hope to receive it this week.  Then I'll decide.  I was going to order the CD if I do this project but somewhere I read that you need Windows 7 or better.  I have windows XP so I don't know if it would be compatible.   While I'm waiitng on the book, I guess I'll make an effort to get caught up on LUS.  LOL

Pat A. in KY

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 9:41 AM

Okay friends.  I've got a question for you smarter more savvy computer users.  I have a copy of the Dear Jane software but my DH bought it for me a long, long while ago when he bought EQ 5 for me.  Now I haven't yet used the sucker but hope to soon.  We can't seem to download the disc to the new iMac even though we have installed Parallels and Windows 7.  Do I need to buy a newer version of the software or is there something else I don't know about that will solve this situation?  Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Page 2 of 3 (39 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use