Page 1 of 3 (39 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 38 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,790
Jacy Posted: Tue, Nov 26 2013 10:17 PM

Have you ever wanted to make a Dear Jane quilt, or maybe some of the blocks for a Baby Jane quilt?

Do you have A Dear Jane quilt "in progress" and need a little help or motivation to get going again?

We are getting the Dear Jane group going again in January, I'm hoping for Jan 1st if I can get it together in the midst of my craziness for the next month. If not the 1st, then shortly after.

I will assign some blocks every 2 weeks, you can make them all, or pick and choose the ones you are interested in making. We will share tips and ideas for working on each block.

You will need to buy the book and/or the software to participate.

We have a varied group of quilters, some just beginning their Dear Janes, some with a few blocks done, and some with half of them done. Where ever you are we would love to have you join us. Just go to Groups (in the red header) and look for the Dear Jane Group. Click  "Join Group", and if you would like to get e-mails of all the activity in this group, then click  "subscribe to group"

Here's a direct link to the group.    Dear Jane group

Here's my blocks so far........don't you want to make some of these cute little blocks too?

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,466
Points 116,680

Jacy, you're making two color Jane blocks? how cool! 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,805
Frances replied on Wed, Nov 27 2013 12:02 AM

Jacy,

Your blocks look wonderful.

Im in whats one more quilt in the long list of quilts that im working on. this one will be EPP got the book and it shouldnt be too tricky for me to do it EPP.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 12,675

Texting to English translation needed.  What is EPP?

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,894
gini replied on Wed, Nov 27 2013 9:17 AM

English paper piecing

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Wed, Nov 27 2013 9:17 AM

Prairie Dog, It means English paper piecing.   Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,805
Frances replied on Wed, Nov 27 2013 10:18 AM

Sorry Prarie dog,

Its us Brits we just come on here to confuse everybody, really it means im not very good with a sewing machine (although i have 2) so i prefer the old fashioned way out of choice everything i do is either English Paper Piecing or Applique.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Fri, Nov 29 2013 10:59 AM

Although still struggling with the Loyal Union Sampler blocks, what's another project.  I'm in and I might do the two-color version, too...I've got a great collection of blue/white now.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,466
Points 116,680

Karla, I also like the two color blocks Jacy did. My book hasn't arrived yet, but should be here today or tomorrow.  Will give this more thought but I find myself getting sucked into this project and suspect the book will be the last straw. I only have 28 more blocks to make for Sylvia's Bridal Sampler 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

I'm just going to watch this one from the sidelines. I'm already behind on the Loyal Union Sampler.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 889
Points 16,520

Do you know if there is a book out there for paper piecing the Dear Jane blocks?  What book are you all using?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,461
Points 361,952
Kris replied on Sat, Nov 30 2013 11:20 PM

Patricia,

many of the blocks can be paper pieced but there isn't a strictly paper piecing book, that I know of, for a Baby Jane. The software allows you to print foundation patterns.

I print the blocks on freezer paper, cut them apart and use the pieces as templates for hand piecing. On simpler blocks I use rotary cutting techniques.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 889
Points 16,520

Thank you Kris!  

I found a couple of Dear Jane blogs that seem very helpful & I ordered the book from Amazon.com.  Should be here on Tuesday or Wednesday (that's fast!)  I'll have to join the new group.  Thanks for the heads up.

I want to try & use up my scraps for this quilt & I also have lots & lots of fat quarters so it will be a very scrappy quilt.   I may try the freezer paper on those I can't figure out how to paper piece.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,790
Jacy replied on Mon, Dec 2 2013 2:21 PM

Patricia Faye:
I found a couple of Dear Jane blogs that seem very helpful

Patricia, there are several bloggers who have worked on Dear Jane. I shall have to make a list of blogs with DJ tips and add it to Pages in the DJ group.

Patricia Faye:
I want to try & use up my scraps for this quilt & I also have lots & lots of fat quarters so it will be a very scrappy quilt.

Mine is scrappy too.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

Jacy, your blocks are SO pretty!  I was planning to steer clear of this, since I've got all I can handle with the Loyal Union Sampler.  But how can I say no to these darling little blocks?  

That's all I needed.  I'm in!  Heading to Amazon now to order the software.  :D 

Raleigh, NC

Page 1 of 3 (39 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use