Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375
Debbie-do Posted: Tue, Nov 19 2013 7:49 AM

Did you know about the Heart of Texas Shop Hop??  I'm thinking I might need to go!

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Nov 19 2013 9:51 AM

What a unique idea - a "shop hop" of 30+ quilt shops within one building.  I'll be interested in hearing if this works better than vendor halls at quilt shows which tend to get awfully crowded.  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 58
Points 965
txsueh replied on Tue, Nov 19 2013 10:29 AM

Debbie-do:

Did you know about the Heart of Texas Shop Hop??  I'm thinking I might need to go!

I went to the first one, which was last year.  I think they were surprised and a bit overwhelmed by the number of people who attended.  There were several buses full of ladies ready to purchase, as well as enough cars to fill up a couple of parking lots!   In talking to one of the organizers whom I know,  she said that next time they would have a larger area and the vendors would have a better idea of what to bring.  I hope this grows over the years and brings in people from all over.  I plan to go again.  Waco is about 45 minutes from me.

Sue in Belton, TX

http://stitchingwithsue.blogspot.com/

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Nov 19 2013 11:11 AM

I swear that every time I look at a map, Texas gets bigger!  I thought Waco was closer to Austin than it is... Sue, do you think it's worth a 3+ hour one way drive to go to?

Southwest of San Antonio

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 58
Points 965
txsueh replied on Tue, Nov 19 2013 2:27 PM

Debbie-do:

I swear that every time I look at a map, Texas gets bigger!  I thought Waco was closer to Austin than it is... Sue, do you think it's worth a 3+ hour one way drive to go to?

Only if you get a car load of friends to go with you.  Much more fun that way - gal pal time, and the travel time seems to fly by.  Or maybe there's a quilt shop near you that would sponsor a bus trip?  If you are going by yourself, I'd seriously think about it.  The Houston Quilt Show, definitely...Waco's One Stop Shop Hop?  Not so sure.

Sue in Belton, TX

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 655
Points 11,290
zoetc49 replied on Tue, Nov 19 2013 2:42 PM

I might go, where is everyone located? I am closer to Dallas. 

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 58
Points 965
txsueh replied on Tue, Nov 19 2013 2:57 PM

zoetc49:

I might go, where is everyone located? I am closer to Dallas. 

I'm in Belton, TX, about 45 minutes south of Waco on the I-35 Corridor.  A friend from Copperas Cove (near Ft. Hood/Killeen area) is going with me.

Sue in Belton, TX

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 655
Points 11,290
zoetc49 replied on Tue, Nov 19 2013 3:22 PM

I have a friend close by that could go , but I am in the mood this year to not buy any fabric unless really needed.  I want to do some fabric exchanges and work on projects that I already have the fabric for. 

Need to save money....

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Nov 19 2013 3:42 PM

I'm southwest of San Antonio by about 30 miles.  I've put a shout out to some of my quilting friends around here but haven't heard anything yet.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Nov 19 2013 3:46 PM

Found a LQS bus but they want $65.  I'll hold out for a car full of quilters!

Southwest of San Antonio

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use