This post has 71 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Wed, Nov 20 2013 12:19 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

gini:
If I counted first, I'd never get anything done.  Too daunting.

Gini, it is daunting.  But there is a particular fabric I wanted to use for the star points and I needed to be sure I had enough fabric. I put together 4 of the blocks with the sashing to be sure it's what I wanted.

Judy, this quilt is going to be awesome!  Your blocks, your colors, the stars in the sashing, WOW!  You are an amazing quilt maker!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 50

This is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!  I started a quilt that is crazy-complicated because I wanted to do something that wasn't a Badah-Bing Bahdah-Boom and done type quilt. LOL I am so very OCD...have never had a UFO, so I thought that perhaps  I should start a quilt that will be a WIP for a year or so. I am thoroughly enjoying it. I work on it, and then put it away... a block, or two, at a time.  I love the un-rushed feeling it gives me in a world full of hurry-up and deadlines. I am sure this one has that same quality...and when they are finished, there will be such a feeling of accomplishment. :)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Judy,

I agree with others...this is going to be a beautiful awesome quilt when you finish it! Love it!

When I was reading how many little blocks you have to make I kept hearing Dora singing "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming" to Nemo.  

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Wed, Nov 20 2013 3:36 PM

Judy this is going to be stunning. 

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,950
Points 125,555

Thanks Max and Lorraine. Max, good to hear from you, it's been awhile.

Lorraine, I started Sylvia's Bridal Sampler intending to do a block here and there but once I settled on the sashing design I can't put it down. My house is small, my sewing room and everything else practically within arms reach. So I can stir a kettle, run and sew a block; catch a few minutes of news, run and sew a block; hit the potty, run and sew a block or cut a few teensy little 1-1/2" blocks as I walk by the cutting table. You get the idea.

Life is good.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,950
Points 125,555

And fun, Nana, don't forget fun. Although I've already hit one of Sylvia's blocks I decided not to make. Since I only need 90 for this quilt, I can pick and choose.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,924
Points 41,110
ls2116 replied on Wed, Nov 20 2013 8:20 PM

Judy your blocks look great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Good luck with the counting.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Wed, Nov 20 2013 11:11 PM

Judy,

Just received my book for Dear Jane, for me it looks simpler than both the sylvias Bridal sampler and the Union Sampler quilt, since im doing it EPP it will be photocopy the page cut out the block split the block apart and then normal EPP, now are you sure you dont want to do Dear Jane, you could carry it around when you are travelling different places are you really sure you dont want to join in. :-)

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,950
Points 125,555

Ahh Frances, you sorely tempt me with Dear Jane. I am looking forward to seeing what everyone does and there's gotta be a rooting section, right? That will be me and Vivian you hear from the stands.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 50

Those last three words in your post shows why I love LoVe LOVE my "Quilty Friends"  I get together with a small group of  ten for retreats...and always...every time...we all end up feeling like Life is Good. No matter what we may have been going through, or what struggles we are having- just being with, and talking with, quilters always makes us focus on the positive. How wonderful, that even though we have never met in person- we are cheerleaders for each other's projects...Quilt on Sister! I can't wait to see the finished project. :)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105

Judy, I love your sashing and I think it's going to make a gorgeous quilt.  Sampler quilts are sometimes a little too busy for me, so I really like the sashings that add some repetition to the quilt instead of just a basic strip that fades into the background.  Your fabrics are gorgeous too!

My LQS is also starting up a Dear Jane group in January, but theirs is $10/month to just participate or $30/month if you want fabrics to do it as a BOM.  They're spending 24 months on it, so that is a $720 quilt top!!!  Too expensive for me.  If I decide to do it, I will buy my own fabrics and do it with you girls instead.  .... but there is another sampler quilt I've been really wanting to do (Tula Pink's City Sampler) , so I'm not sure I want to start Dear Jane on top of the Loyal Union Sampler while this other one keeps sitting in the back of my mind, nagging me.  I'll probably start it all anyway and maybe we can all end up in the looney bin together.  If we're all there and they let us bring our machines, it will be a great retreat.

Raleigh, NC

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Thu, Nov 21 2013 12:20 PM

Carolyn, we'd love to have you in the Dear Jane group. We are going to start in January.

I also have the Tula Pink sampler book, I'm thinking of making mine a Halloween one (inspired by Kris!)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105

That's a great idea!  I'm loving Kris's Haloween sampler.  

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 704
Points 11,580
Bev replied on Thu, Nov 21 2013 5:38 PM

Judy, I just saw your picture of the SBS and also love your fabric choices and your sashing with the stars!

from TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,055
Points 369,287
Kris replied on Thu, Nov 21 2013 6:05 PM

Carolyn (CarolBeau):
That's a great idea!  I'm loving Kris's Haloween sampler.  

Thanks ladies. Flattery will get you everywhere.

Page 3 of 5 (72 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use