Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705
MaryLeeHayden Posted: Mon, Nov 18 2013 10:00 AM

I'm sorry I've been MIA for a while. Two days before leaving to visit my first grandchild in California, I broke my collar bone but I was still determined to get on that plane. Since I couldn't help them much and was in such pain having rebroken it by turning over in bed, I came home after a week and a half instead of staying the 3 weeks scheduled. 

This week I'm dealing with Phil having a heart cath tomorrow morning and then open heart surgery to replace a valve and any clogged arteries found in the cath. I don't know if they will be doing the surgery right after the cath. I suppose it depends upon what they find. I cannot believe how frightened I am. Now I just have to figure out how to make the house clean before he comes home. It is neat but needs deep cleaning so he doesn't end up with an infection. I'm looking for free/low cost cleaning services as money is tight and I'm hoping my being disabled will help in that measure.

Please keep him in your prayers. They may have to admit me to a rubber room before all this is over. I'm about nucking futs at this point! lol

Here is a pic of my beautiful grandson:

• | Post Points: 140
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 10:06 AM

Beautiful grandson Mary.  Sorry about your injury but glad you got to see the babe.  Sending prayers for you and Phil for speedy recoveries.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 11:15 AM

Mary, so sorry you are going through all of this, my thoughts and prayers are with you and Phil.  (((((HUGS)))))

Your grandson is just adorable, glad you got to see him and spend time with him.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 11:20 AM

Mary:
Please keep him in your prayers. They may have to admit me to a rubber room before all this is over.
           Mary, Mary, You are too strong for the rubber room and YOU will get through this, because, you have all of us prayer warriors here for you both, if not in person then in spirit. You do have a beautiful grandson there. We love you and are keeping you both in our prayers. Hugs,  Susan and Bob 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,038
Points 369,072
Kris replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 12:47 PM

Hi Mary,

thanks for the update on how you're doing. Sorry you got injured. I hope that heals well. I'm keeping you and your DH in my prayers. No trips to the rubber room for you.

Your DGS is a cutie. Thanks for the photo.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 3:18 PM

Mary, it is so good to hear from you.  That grandson is sure a keeper.  I am so sorry that you had to do that silly thing about fracturing your collarbone.  That sucks not being able to hold that new little charmer of yours.  I pray that Phil comes thru his heart cath.  with flying colors.  I was told that my valve needed to be replaced too, but when they did the cath. everything was clear, including all of the blood vessels.  They told me it had been bad echos from the echo that was done.  I didn't need any further treatment for that.  Having had my valve replaced once was enough, I didn't want to go thru that again.    Ginny 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 4:03 PM

Mary - call your church if nothing else and see if there is someone there that can help you.  Lovely grand child - adorable and so sorry that you have to cut your vacation short - sorry about your break... that is no fun - been there done that - hope Phil's surgery goes by without a hitch.  the other thing I thought of for cleaning services is the local VA services... we have several different associations here that help out the seniors who need assistance - you might call DHS also - they might know of someone that can help you!  Praying for you!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 4:13 PM

Your grandson is indeed beautiful!  What is his name?  Did you make that fine boppy pillow for him?

Lifting your husband in prayer.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 4:31 PM

Hugs and Prayers Mary. Stay strong. You WIll get through this. And your Grandbaby is beautiful! Congradulations

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 8:42 PM

Handsome GS Mary,  My T&P for you and Phil

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,543
Points 416,999
gini replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 10:49 PM

Mary, your grandson is mighty handsome.  My continued prayers are with you and Phil.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,543
Points 416,999
gini replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 10:49 PM

Mary, your grandson is mighty handsome.  My continued prayers are with you and Phil.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105

Mary, I'm so sorry to hear about your collarbone.  I broke mine once, so I know how painful and debilitating it can be.  I'm very sorry.

Best wishes for your husband's surgery and your DGS is cute.

Raleigh, NC

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,120
Jo replied on Thu, Nov 21 2013 7:37 PM

Beautiful grandson.  Sorry to hear about your injury. Sending prayers for you and Phil. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 546
Points 11,066
Happy replied on Fri, Nov 22 2013 7:18 AM

Mary I will pray for you and your hubbie I know how you feel about the rubber room I was like that in September when my husband had Rocky Mountain spotted fever he is still vert tired for it

Happy

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use