Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,330
Nana replied on Fri, Mar 12 2010 12:11 AM

Gale the elmers school glue works fine and washes out when the quilt is laundered.  Roxannes glue is a little thinner and the applicater is needle tipped and only comes out in little drops.  Holds like a charm and washes right out.  Glues can sometimes be a godsend.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,324
Kathy D replied on Fri, Mar 12 2010 9:56 AM

The little tip that Sharon uses on her Elmers glue can be purchased at a craft shop.  I got one a few years ago and until now forgot that I had one.

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,338
Points 249,977
Thea replied on Fri, Mar 12 2010 10:31 AM

I do not know what I would have done without the Roxanne's glue.  i bought my first bottle of it for a class from Robyn Pandolph.  She taught a class at winter quilt show on appliqus.  then Beth Ferrier taught it to me for applique on her quilts.

With the arthritis I have in my hands it is impossible to do hand applique very easily but I love the look.  this way I was able to do it.  I have used it for so many years with fantastic results.

I have to admit that using it for the binding  - well nope have not done that...teehee

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 5
Bkbosse replied on Sat, Aug 12 2017 8:22 PM

Is there a permanent glue that can be used to secure on quilts?

Thanks

Bkbosse

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 20
quiltyann replied on Tue, Sep 5 2017 12:29 PM

I have used glue many times on quilts of different sorts; sometimes even using a glue stick to hold the "sandwich" together. I've never had any problems with my needles or machine doing this. I also saw Nancy Zieman's show someone mentioned ... she was using glue for a landscape quilt. Great little tool in the sewing room!

• | Post Points: 0
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.