rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 6 verified answers | 8 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
571 Posts
Points 10,715
Debra posted on Sun, Nov 3 2013 2:05 PM

Hi,

I am about to finish my Grandaughter's quilt and I would like to put a label on it. She is only 7 so I want a label that tells her I love her but don't want a really mushy saying. Any suggestions for one or a site that has sayings/labels to choose from? Thanks

This is the quilt, it is quilted and I am putting the binding on it now.

Deb

• | Post Points: 35

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,465 Posts
Points 116,645

Debra that is a beautiful quilt!  On my granddaughters first quilt I put a simple label that said "Made from the heart by Judy (Selstead) Taylor with love for granddaughter Syvana. June 29, 1993". 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 55
Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,482 Posts
Points 43,630
Verified by Debra

I did the same from my granddaughters fiirst quilt. Made for my granddaughter Olivia for her whatever birthday love from grandma. 

• | Post Points: 40
Top 100 Contributor
Female
869 Posts
Points 14,795
Verified by Debra

My grand kids live in other states, so I always tell them whenever they wrap up in their quilt consider it a big warm hug from Grandma. I tell them to feel my love!  So on the label I write a big hug from Grandma and my first name.  And of coarse all my love always! And the date.

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 25
Top 150 Contributor
Female
571 Posts
Points 10,715
Answered (Verified) Debra replied on Sun, Nov 3 2013 9:48 PM
Verified by Debra

Thank You .. great ideas.  I didn t think about putting a date on it. :) I have one more side of binding then the label. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055
Verified by Debra

I know you are looking for suggestions specifically regarding your quilt for a granddaughter, but I recently saw a comment about the written signature going by the wayside. With that in mind, it might be a good idea to "sign" our quilts with our "signature" ...as signatures will be considered a rare thing in the future.

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,465 Posts
Points 116,645

Donna, a signature is a wonderful idea. I will sign my quilt labels from now on. I'll have my granddaughter sign the label on the one she's mAking. Thanks for the post. 

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,465 Posts
Points 116,645

Debra that is a beautiful quilt!  On my granddaughters first quilt I put a simple label that said "Made from the heart by Judy (Selstead) Taylor with love for granddaughter Syvana. June 29, 1993". 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,482 Posts
Points 43,630
Verified by Debra

I did the same from my granddaughters fiirst quilt. Made for my granddaughter Olivia for her whatever birthday love from grandma. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
869 Posts
Points 14,795
Verified by Debra

My grand kids live in other states, so I always tell them whenever they wrap up in their quilt consider it a big warm hug from Grandma. I tell them to feel my love!  So on the label I write a big hug from Grandma and my first name.  And of coarse all my love always! And the date.

MODESTO, CA.
Top 150 Contributor
Female
571 Posts
Points 10,715
Answered (Verified) Debra replied on Sun, Nov 3 2013 9:48 PM
Verified by Debra

Thank You .. great ideas.  I didn t think about putting a date on it. :) I have one more side of binding then the label. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055
Verified by Debra

I know you are looking for suggestions specifically regarding your quilt for a granddaughter, but I recently saw a comment about the written signature going by the wayside. With that in mind, it might be a good idea to "sign" our quilts with our "signature" ...as signatures will be considered a rare thing in the future.

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,465 Posts
Points 116,645

Donna, a signature is a wonderful idea. I will sign my quilt labels from now on. I'll have my granddaughter sign the label on the one she's mAking. Thanks for the post. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,482 Posts
Points 43,630

Some people attach the completed label before the quilt is quilted. Ensures that it stays attached as the quilt would be damaged if the label were to be removed. More for a show quilt, yes, but also good for all quilts. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
654 Posts
Points 12,395

Have been visiting with a cousin this week and she is also a quilter. She uses a triangle for her labels. I loved the look, 2 sides of the triangle are seen into the binding edge and the other side is folded and hand sewndown. Here's an example 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use