This post has 46 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,882
Points 367,007
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 6:17 PM

Marie:
 I have one in progress for over 2 years, think I should finish it?????  LOL

Oh yes Marie. You really should finish it. I like it.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Great fun quilts, everyone. Thanks for the show.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 11:38 PM

LOVED the Halloween Quilt Show!  Great idea to have one. 

Thanks so much to all.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 12:08 AM

chocake2:
Tonight we're having eyeballs simmered in blood. MMMmm-MM. Doesn't that just sound yummilisious!??  Really, its just fresh tomato soup with polish dumplings ( the kind with a meatball filling). I tossed some quinola in for some interesting blood-born parasites, and a handful of macaroni makes for nice 'veins'.   The kids don't realize that I'm filling 'em up with "good" stuff before they go beg sugar from friends and neighbors. LOL 

You're a great Mom. I used to do fun things like that but seems like I've run out of steam. I didn't even muster up enough energy to serve stew in a pumpkin. And I rarely make costumes anymore, just pull out the dress-up clothes and let them figure out what they want to be. Today Riley wore a Popeye costume I made for DH 25 years ago, then shortened for my eldest son some years later. At least they are still benefiting from when Mom was more energetic.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 12:12 AM

CC, tell Jr that I love his little mummy quilt.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 12:16 AM

Donna B:
My only Halloween quilt or block is from our West Coast Retreat and the Ugly Fabric challenge.  So here is my little humble block:

Donna, it is a great pumpkin block. I'm happy that he is at my house now, someday he's going to become part of a special quilt filled with memories (and ugly fabric!) from the retreat.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 12:19 AM

Debra:
My Monster Mash...

Debra, thanks for sharing your quilt. I recognize those patterns from a halloween blog hop, last year I think. I saved the patterns, but you actually made something wonderful with them. Love that spooky tree in the center.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 12:21 AM

Kris:
all I have is a wall hanging from Patchabilites

And a very cute one it is!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 5:28 AM

Jacy:

Debra:
My Monster Mash...

Debra, thanks for sharing your quilt. I recognize those patterns from a halloween blog hop, last year I think. I saved the patterns, but you actually made something wonderful with them. Love that spooky tree in the center.

Thanks and yes Jacy you are right. I did get a few of those patterns from the blog hop. :) Dancing Frankie is a Jennifer Ofenstein pattern. And the castle is actually from the Harry Potter patterns on Fandom in Stitches. It was a fun quilt to do.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,431
Points 47,510
Angele replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 7:19 AM

Very nice Halloween quilt show. I never bothered making a wall hanging or quilt because you have it up for such a short time. 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 264
Points 3,425

Thank you everyone for the Halloween Quilt Show.  You are all so talented.  I loved every single one from the blocks to the finished products.  I have a few in the UFO box but haven't gotten that far in my retirement catchup yet.  Next year I will definitely have something to share.  I am determined to get through my to dos and to finishes.

Barbara

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,591
Points 75,975
Karla replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 10:46 AM

I have not made one Halloween quilt ever.  I guess that is something I need to add to my "to do" list.

All of yours' are so nice and pretty...makes me envious that I haven't tried one yet.  Thanks for displaying them for us to enjoy.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 10:54 AM

Jacy, thank you.  I am going to do another one of these for my DIL whose birthday was yesterday(Halloween) and make it into a wallhanging (or put it on a stand).  I do like the pattern very much - just didn't care for my color placement on this one...but I will do better with the second.  So, this practice one was a good thing...lol!

Winthrop, WA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 171
Points 4,865

I'm a day late but here is mine.

Martha, Parker, CO

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,882
Points 367,007
Kris replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 12:45 PM

Martha I love your pumpkin faces. Such a fun quilt.

• | Post Points: 50
Page 2 of 4 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use