Awww  sweet!  happy for you !!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 6:39 PM

Jenia

I think she is going to be a real cuddle bug with lots of snuggles.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 2,225

Jenia - congrats on your new baby! Opal is just precious!!!

Linda Gless - Hartford, WI

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 331
Points 5,860
Jenia replied on Tue, Nov 5 2013 10:02 PM

They got home last night.  Everyone gets along beautifully.  She is already basically trained which is a Hindus I wasn't counting on.  She's been rooming and playing with our other girls and even the boy (cat) Tuxedo seems to understand she's another one of the family.

Will have to fix that tomorrow, for some reason the iPad posts photos upside down.  So sorry bout that, she doesn't really stand on her head!

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 245

I think that is so precious.  Mu husband lost a Irish setter/lab last year from old age.  We went to the mountains (Maggie Valley, NC about 41/2 hours away) while we were there we went into Waynesville and stopped by Michaels Craft store and right next to it was a pet smart store. Paws Rescue shelter was there having an adoption campaign and had several dogs.  We ended up bringing one home who had been abused and rescued from a trap.  The shelter had him for about a year, he is very timid. He's a blue hunter mix. A medium size dog. They named him Hooper and we just left it at that. He is a good dog. We have had him since March and he's had 1 accident in the house. He sleeps in a bed behind my husband recliner and loves to go out at night to play then lets us know when he's ready to come in. We also had saved shitzu mixed dog a couple of years ago, Harley and he is spoiled rotten. He and Hooper get along fine.  My oldest son moved back home and he recently got a 4 month old bull dog She seems to have brought him out of his shell so much. Our resent rescue is a new born kitten that I call Lucky Doodle husband doesn't really care for cats but during a rain storm 3 weeks ago he was in his "Man Cave" and kept hearing a kitten crying. The Mother had abandoned her by one of our outside buildings. We have nursed her back feeding her with a bottle on special kitten formula.. My husband claims the kitten as his now even though Im the one having to do everything for her, I think she maybe just a little over 3 wks old. Enjoy your new family member. We have enjoyed ours...

Stacey

The

STACEY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,162
Kris replied on Tue, Nov 5 2013 11:44 PM

Jenia:
So sorry bout that, she doesn't really stand on her head!

Nor does she hang from the ceiling. That would be a neat trick though. LOL. She's a cutie Jenia. Enjoy her.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 331
Points 5,860
Jenia replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 10:58 AM

here's the photo the right way up...

and another smiling in her sleep....awe happy girl, and happy momma too!

Thank you all so much for your comments.  It sounds like so many of you are pet lovers just like us.  It's so awesome the unconditional love we get from them.  They all tug at my heart and you all have the same feelings as we do.  I too wasn't a cat person until we got our Tuxedo - he was suppose to be Jim's baby.  Well, he thought much differently, and he has become my cat, my lap, my snuggle kitten, etc.  It's funny how he knew just how to soften me up.  I now love him and look at all cats much differently now.   

Thank you all for giving your pets a home as well, it's so very sad to think that there are people out there who can throw these critters away and give them up without thought to what will happen.  Opal is just like that...why anyone would give her up is beyond my comprehension.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 9:25 PM

Jenia looks like a wonderful dog.  We are dogless for a while.  Lost our dear sweet Bernese Mt. dog a few years ago.  Some day when we are less busy.  Instead of a purebred I think we will get a rescue dog this time.  Of course the breeds have their rescue dogs too.  But we will probably get a mix. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Nov 7 2013 8:51 PM

Jenia:

Awww, that is just too sweet.  Thanks for giving her a warm and loving home.  Have fun!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Thu, Nov 7 2013 8:59 PM

Jenia

Thanks for sharing those sweet pics.  And thanks for giving her a loving home.  I too think it is horrible the things some people can do to animals.  It just isn't right.  I would bring them all home if my DH would let me.  Everytime they show the SPCA commercial I end up crying.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

Well Jenia, it looks like she forever home with you. Congratulations on your new family member.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,162
Kris replied on Thu, Nov 7 2013 11:43 PM

Jenia:

So cute. made me smile.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Fri, Nov 8 2013 7:28 AM

Jenia, God Bless you for rescuing her, now she's safe and happy.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105

What a little princess.  Congrats on your new addition!  I don't think it's crazy at all.  

Raleigh, NC

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use