Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 325
Marcia Stewart Posted: Wed, Oct 30 2013 10:36 AM

I 've been a quilter since the early 70's.  I was taught by my mom and grandma and at that time made 5/8 inch seams as that was what we did then.  Also hand quilted the quilts as none of us owned a longarm machine.   I have done lots of quilts and now have decided to go into business and create my web page  http:/www.longarmofthewestcustomquilting.com to see if I can help anyone who loves to do the quilt tops but does not have the a longarm or is not fond of the overall quilting  to finish the quilt, but loves to make quilt tops, throws, table runners, etc.

I have been teaching  two granddaughters to quilt and just recently started them to dye their fabrics with kits from handsonhandsdyekit.com.   Lexi is in the process of dying her specific colors to make her own quilt to show in the Rocky Mountain Quilt Festival next year August 2014.  She is 14 years old and has learned on the "Quilt for Kids" quilts that we do for a gal in Greeley Colorado that distributes these quilts, when completed, to the children in the hospitals.

Also have a set of twins 7 years old that are interested next door, so will be starting them on simple blocks to learn how to create blocks

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,863
Marie replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 10:55 AM

Hi Marcia, welcome!  Keep up the good work of recruiting new quilters, they'll have a lifelong passion.  Enjoy QCA, I've been a member for 4 years now and can't live without it.  Mostly for the "family" I've gathered, the rest is a bonus.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 197
Points 2,540

Welcome, Marcia

You sound like a very busy quilter.  You will find lots of friends here that are both new and mature in quilting.  I love teaching young quilters to be.  They can really inspire some interesting ideas and methods of doing things.  Keep up the good work.

Barbara

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,517
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 3:28 PM

Welcome Marcia. It's good to hear you're passing on this great tradition of quilting to the young ones.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 4:55 PM

Hi Marcia, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 4:57 PM

Welcome Marcia, this is a great site with a lot of great quilters.  You'll like it here.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,391
Points 19,285

Welcome Marcia. Boy, I wish someone like you would have been around when I was young to start quilting earlier. Looking forward to seeing pics of your quilts.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 9:47 PM

Hi marcia,  welcome to he group

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 784
Points 12,625
Quiltless replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 12:00 AM

Hi Marcia

Cheyenne, WY.  I visited FE Warren once upon a time, but that was long ago.  I connect Cheyenne with a big rodeo event. 

It sounds like you are very experienced. 

Welcome to QCA.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 325

Thank you for the warm welcome.  Please check out my webpage http:/www.longarmofthewestcustomquilting.com and like me on facebook.  Trying to get my name out there.  Any feedback on my page would be wonderful.  Stay in touch

Marcia Stewart

Cheyenne, WYoming

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 325

Please check out my webpage http:/www.longarmofthewestcustomquilting.com   I have some of my quilts out there.  Also like me on facebook as well (upper right hand corner of web page)  Thanks for the warm welcome.  Glad to meed you

Marcia Stewart

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 325

Please check out my webpage http:/www.longarmofthewestcustomquilting.com   I have some of my quilts out there.  Also like me on facebook as well (upper right hand corner of web page)  Thanks for the warm welcome.  Glad to meed you

Marcia Stewart

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 325

Thank you Gini,  Glad to meet you.  I have a cousin that lives up around Court de Elaine (not sure of spelling).

I have some of my quilts posted out on my website http:/www.longarmofthewestcustomquilting.com   Please go check it out and let me know what you think

Marcia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,271
Patti replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 7:24 AM

Hi Wendy.   Welcome!  I checked out your web page.  Nice quilts.   I was looking for examples of your quilting but didn't find them.  If I were to send out my quilt to someone for quilting, I would want to see samples of the work they do first.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 325

Thanks Barbara for the warm welcome.  What part of Colorado?

Marcia

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use