Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 82
Points 1,400
Mary (aka)stitchinggg Posted: Tue, Mar 9 2010 8:40 PM

Hi, still learning my way around the site, I am having a little trouble knowing how to reply to an individual and have found no information about Activity and Points.  Can someone tell me what it is about.  Thanks

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Mar 9 2010 9:53 PM

Stitchinggg.

If you actually want to quote a previous post by someone you click on the reply button at the top of the post and then scroll down and click on quote then hit enter.  At this point you can type your response.  Most of us just click the reply button and then type in the persons name that we want to reply to.  As for the points there has been lots of discussions in the past.  I know that there has been some talk about the possibility of winning something but don't know about that...LOL>  You get a certain number of points each time you post and usually get some points if someone responds to a specific post by you.   If you are asking about the activity that shows at the bottom left and right of the main forum page...the right lists the top posters of the day and how many posts they have had and the left keeps a running track of the number of posts since you started on site.  Not sure that either of these really mean a whole lot but it is kind of fun watching the numbers.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Thanks for the explanation Nana.  I have wondered about that myself plus the little stars but just haven't bothered to ask.  I was just excited when I went over 100!  Kind of embarrasing when you think that I'm a charter member.  I just never bothered to do anything but read for the longest time.  Oh well - some of us are slow starters ( and learners! ) :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 38
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Mar 10 2010 10:13 AM

Marge

The little stars are ratings for the post.  Anyone can click on the stars and rate a post.  They just mean that someone thought your post was really good.

Vinton, Virginia

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 82
Points 1,400

Thanks a bunch, Nana.  So much to do on this site.  I wonder if I will ever undertand it all.  I thought about joining for awhile before committing but had no idea how fast I would be addicted to the site.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Mar 11 2010 12:19 AM

Mary (aka)stitchinggg:

Thanks a bunch, Nana.  So much to do on this site.  I wonder if I will ever undertand it all.  I thought about joining for awhile before committing but had no idea how fast I would be addicted to the site.

But Mary it is a fun addiction.  And can be a helpful addiction by increasing your creativity.  So if you have to have an addiction being addicted to quilting and QCA is a very productive addiction....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,810
Points 43,674
Eileen replied on Thu, Mar 11 2010 10:10 AM

Nana:

Mary (aka)stitchinggg:

But Mary it is a fun addiction.  And can be a helpful addiction by increasing your creativity.  So if you have to have an addiction being addicted to quilting and QCA is a very productive addiction....LOL>

It's a much better additction than most! Doesn't rot your teeth (or any other body part), no calories, fun things to buy, and lots of other people benefit from it! :->

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use