Page 4 of 4 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 52 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Mon, Oct 28 2013 7:11 PM

About the brooms. I was at work one evening and one of the foremen came in for coffee. He looked at my broom, stored outside for sweeping fresh snow off my office steps and as it was quite worn it had that curl happening. He looked at me and said " had trouble stopping...?). No coffee for you boyo!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Mon, Oct 28 2013 7:29 PM

I'da probably replied "no, traffic was murder. Some dip$hit driving a (insert description of his gas guzzler here) " thought they owned the road so I took a few swipes at his windshield when I got here."

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 7:36 AM

Right now counting till enj of January. That is when DH retires. Then it will be my turn. I'm ready to do something else...like quilting and going to mom and dad's to help out.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,440
Points 23,975
Debbie replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 7:49 AM

MNnancy:
but DH points out (& rightly so) that that makes dusting difficult, and neither of us likes to dust as it is.

Gosh, MNnancy - our houses must be identical -  I hate dusting, it is the most thankless chore - as soon as you finish, it's there again.  It never goes away!  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 8:47 AM

Debbie:
I hate dusting, it is the most thankless chore - as soon as you finish, it's there again.

Having a dog and a cat doesn't help matters.  They are constantly stirring up the dust and adding fur and dander to it!  I thought eliminating carpeting would eliminate some dust, but now I have to "dust" the floor more frequently, too.  LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 3:35 PM

I had some of the girls over after the last retreat and while I had been really busy and hadn't done any housework for a time, I felt my house was tidy enough for a bunch of friends. He was horrified the carpet was linty. I didn't have the heart to tell him the girls dragged the lint out of my sewing room on their socks!  Whats the point in visiting a quilter if you don't check out the room!  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 4:10 PM

Here in the dusty, windy state of Nevada, you could dust every 5 minutes and never tell the difference.  Each time I dust, I get rid of a few more knick knacks...dusting is a pain, even though I did it today.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

You girls are the best!  Last week, I splurged on some Royal Dansk cookies and DH looked at me like I was crazy. I never buy cookies and avoid sweets most of the time. I didn't have the heart to tell him the real reason I wanted those cookies so badly!

LOVE recycled feed sacks!  Clearly I am shopping at the wrong feed store. My chicken feed comes in heavy paper bags. I heard of someone reusing them to put parts in when processing birds, but my girls are for eggs only, so that doesn't work for me. 

Raleigh, NC

Page 4 of 4 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use