rated by 0 users
This post has 52 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 10:19 PM

Patti:
I don't keep the toothpaste boxes anymore.  A girl's got to have some limits.

LOL   Too funny, Patti!

I, too, hate throwing out Quaker Oats round containers, but I haven't really figured out anything they are good for.  What do you use yours for?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,790
Jacy replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 10:32 PM

MNnancy:
I, too, hate throwing out Quaker Oats round containers, but I haven't really figured out anything they are good for.  What do you use yours for?

Hiding chocolate chips and other treats in. No-one is going to grab Oats when they are browsing the pantry for a snack.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 10:47 PM

I don't have to hide chocolate chips, but maybe I could hide newly purchased fat quarters?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,864
gini replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 10:49 PM

MNnancy:

they make great drums

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,465
Points 116,645

Way too funny Nancy. I don't buy sheets unless I can get a zippered bag either. You stick to your guns! In fact, I need another....uhmm I think we need new "sheets". May go shopping tomorrow.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,560
ls2116 replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 11:39 PM

I've been thinking about new sheets too, but that was a great idea for a use for the bags.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,273
Points 173,308
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 9:06 AM

ROFLMAO!  

Well girls, you've done it again........entertained me with yet another story of a hubby's lack of knowledge of how a quilter thinks.  

Jacy, I love your hiding place!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 342
Points 6,740
tnmtgrl replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 10:02 AM

What a great story!! Made my day.....isn't  it awesome how we all think alike...lol....it is so wonderful to know that I am not alone in the way my mind works. Oh and another great recyclable are pringles cans...they make a great storage area for garden seeds.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 10:03 AM

Wow, new ideas for Quaker Oats containers.  Love the hide the cookies idea.  Mine usually become an odd shaped gift box.  Wrap it like a big tootsie roll.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 10:04 AM

I'm sad that baby wipes now come in a more 'environment friendly' light-weight plastic pouch instead of the heavy-duty tubs they used to have. Those were great in the sewing room.  On the flip side, baby-food no longer is just in jars. Now it comes in cute little rectangular plastic tubs with tight fitting lids. They stack nicely. I haven't bought oatmeal in forever so there are now Quaker Oats containers ...but I do have cocoa tins! :D

My personal recycling challenge is chicken feed sacks. The are made of a terrific heavy duty woven plastic (Like blue tarps but lighter) that's waterproof and very tough. 'Seems like there should be a good way to recycle those.  They're too big for my sewing needs. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,020
Sandy replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 4:13 PM

chocake2:

My personal recycling challenge is chicken feed sacks. The are made of a terrific heavy duty woven plastic (Like blue tarps but lighter) that's waterproof and very tough. 'Seems like there should be a good way to recycle those.  They're too big for my sewing needs. 

I know what you mean about the plastic feed sacks, bird seed also comes in those.  I make them into tote bags for my groceries and yes I do line them, I have also used the starbucks coffee bags the ones beans come in and made lunch bags.   I can post a pic if anyone is interested.

Sandy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 4:51 PM

Sandy:
I know what you mean about the plastic feed sacks, bird seed also comes in those.  I make them into tote bags for my groceries and yes I do line them, I have also used the starbucks coffee bags the ones beans come in and made lunch bags.   I can post a pic if anyone is interested.

I am interested.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 550
Points 8,685
Joyce replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 5:06 PM

Patti what do you use the oat meal containers for?  I always look at them when I pitch them and think there should be some use for this.  I did save all sorts of tin boxes and things but the past few months have been pitching out all kinds of stuff like that because it takes up space.  My DH hates clutter and our house is full of it.

Joyce

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 550
Points 8,685
Joyce replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 5:13 PM

Jacy that is a great ideal for the oatmeal containers.  My DGS lives with us and he eats everything that isn't tied down due mostly due to medication he takes.  Everytime I find a spot to hide my snacks he finds it.  Next box that is empty stays on the shelf with MY junk in it. ha  Thanks.  I love it.

I just threw out a bunch of zippered bags from sheets, kitchen curtains I had been saving for something then decided to clear out all that stuff.  And to think I paid $$$ for clear bags with handles a couple months.  I have a new set of sheets to open now.  Guess where that bag is going?

Joyce

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 5:19 PM

Patti:

Sandy:

I am interested.

Ditto!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 2 of 4 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use