Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy Posted: Wed, Oct 23 2013 4:38 PM

At the guild's sewing day yesterday, one quilter held up some RJR Thimbleberries fabric and asked all of us to feel it.  "Doesn't it feel different?" she asked.  She noticed, too, that the back was not white, but was dyed the deepest color of the fabric.  I felt it, and noticed that the selvages looked familiar.  It had the appearance and that thicker feel of a Connecting Threads fabric!  It was actually much nicer than other Thimbleberries fabric that I've used in the past.

Does anyone know if RJR bought Connecting Threads (or vice versa), or if they have moved their production back to the USA using the same mills as Connecting Threads?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,806
Points 420,904
gini replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 5:22 PM

http://www.rjrfabrics.com/designers/lynette_jensen.cfm

it looks like linnette JensenJensen has been with rjr a long time.   Connecting threads sells rjr fabric.  Maybe linnette just chose a different greige goods to print or dye her designs on.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,175
Points 387,812
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 6:15 PM

Connecting Threads' fabrics are not made in the US. Only the cotton is grown here. 

Most fabrics are made overseas then printed in the US. I'm not sure there are any fabric manufacturing plants left in the US. As Gini mentioned the difference is probably printing vs dyeing.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.