Top 10 Posters

Holy Moly - I just bought a Viking 875 Quilter!!!

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 2,225

Thank you, Marie. I think my new machine and I will be spending lots of quality time together this winter (which it already feels like - here in Wisconsin!).

Linda Gless - Hartford, WI

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 10:03 AM

You're welcome, Linda.  We're having a cold spell here in MA as well.  Looked out my window this morning to find ice formed all over my car!  Not ready for this!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 3:58 PM

Congratulations!  I know you will love the machine. I bought the 870 and once they fixed the glitch it has been humming along.  One thing to watch is flannel lint builds up fast and my machine doesn't like that. I have found that most problems can be fixed by giving it a quick vacuum ( never compressed air) and a rethread on top and bottom.  The upper thread slips off the guides and snarls.  Have fun!  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,594
Points 75,890
Karla replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 7:46 PM

Vivian :
The upper thread slips off the guides and snarls.  Have fun!  

I have the same problem with my Sapphire 835.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 110

hi  Linda !  my 36  year  old Singer  is  getting  tired  and I  am  getting  back into  sewing.. I  never  quilted  before,  took a  class  and  am  fully  addicted  now!  after  lots  of  research I  also  just  bought   Sapphire 875Q  from  the  Viking  dealer  inside  the  Roanoke  Joanns.. I'm new  to  this  area  and  they  don't  have  Viking  stores  inside  the  Long  Island NY  stores,  so  needless  to  say I  was  surprised  to  see  that..  but  very  pleased  with  my purchase.. I  got  some  instruction  from  the  dealer  yesterday,  played  till late  last  night!  I will call  and  see  if I  can  get  another  lesson  later  this  week!  I haven't  even  plugged  in  the  foot  pedal  yet ! the  dealer  is  strong  on. not  using  it,  but I  think  the  sensor  features  are  tied  to  the  foot  pedal?

Debbie

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,528
Points 31,105
Diana replied on Sun, Dec 1 2013 7:54 AM

Hi Debbie,  Welcome to our fun site.  It has it's glitches but we have the greatest and friendliest bunch.  You should contact Nana on this site.  She lives in Vinton and she free motion quilts all her quilts on a Pfaff sewing machine.  I come up and stay with her now and again for quilting sessions.  We go to quilt retreats together too.  Joining .

Diana in East TN

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 110

Thanks for the welcome Diana, I know where Vinton is and will look up Nana and touch base..t hanks!

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use