2014 Montana retreat??

Page 1 of 7 (92 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 91 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 Posted: Mon, Oct 21 2013 1:31 PM

After the great adventure in Oregon this week, several of us have been discussing the possibility of having a quilt retreat in Montana next fall. One of the area quilt shops hosts retreats in Choteau, which is about 85 miles South of Glacier Nat'l Park.   I think I can arrange for using the same venue, but before I rush out and make great plans I'd like to know who's intersted, and if anyone would be willing to help me set it up. Having never been to a retreat myself, I have no idea what is needed!! 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 125
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Oct 21 2013 2:33 PM

I'd be interested in attending, especially if it is late summer or early fall and if the price was right.  Montana is on my side of the country so traveling wouldn't be too bad.  I don't know what kind of help I could be down here in Nevada, though.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Oct 21 2013 6:31 PM

Thanks Karla.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Mon, Oct 21 2013 7:38 PM

CC

I would love to see Montana.  A lot would depend on the cost.  And of course transportation.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Oct 21 2013 7:49 PM

Nana:

CC

I would love to see Montana.  A lot would depend on the cost.  And of course transportation.

LOL After the time you just had, I can see how transportation might be an issue! You could either fly into Great Falls or take the train to Shelby. Both are about an hour hour and a half from Choteau.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 490
Points 9,250
Darlene replied on Mon, Oct 21 2013 7:58 PM

I would be interested in a Montana retreat not sure how much help I would be in Ontario but willing to help

Darlene(2 many horses)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Mon, Oct 21 2013 8:56 PM

CC I would love to go. My nephew is getting married the first weekend of September,  and I have to be there. But if it is closer to the end of September, I will start saving my pennies...

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Oct 21 2013 9:38 PM

I'm definitely interested in a Montana retreat.  I'll bring either DH or a quilting girlfriend.  Can we plan a dinosaur expedition either before or after the retreat?  I'm happy to help in any way I can.  CC, PM me with ideas of what you'd like help with.  I'm a good organizer.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,950
Points 33,885
Roxana replied on Mon, Oct 21 2013 10:09 PM

Nancy, is there anything you don't do well?! Love it! I can't wait to meet you in Branson!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 796
Points 12,845
Quiltless replied on Mon, Oct 21 2013 10:19 PM

This sounds very interesting.  I'd like to put my name on this list, please.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,055
Points 369,287
Kris replied on Tue, Oct 22 2013 12:55 AM

I would go depending on what time of year and how much time I have off work.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Tue, Oct 22 2013 12:57 AM

chocake2:
After the great adventure in Oregon this week, several of us have been discussing the possibility of having a quilt retreat in Montana next fall. One of the area quilt shops hosts retreats in Choteau, which is about 85 miles South of Glacier Nat'l Park.   I think I can arrange for using the same venue, but before I rush out and make great plans I'd like to know who's intersted, and if anyone would be willing to help me set it up. Having never been to a retreat myself, I have no idea what is needed!! 

This sounds wonderful cc, the only time we couldn't make it would be the middle of September (Pendleton Round Up and we have had to miss it the past 2 years due to me!)  Have never been that far east in Montana but would love to see it.  Would it be one where DH's could come?  If not, would it be possible to rent motel rooms off site and attend the retreat during the days? We sold our 5th wheel RV so have to go by car.

Please include my name on the list.  Thanks!

Marge P

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Oct 22 2013 9:34 AM

I would hope that since we would be renting hotel rooms that DH's would be able to attend.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Oct 22 2013 10:26 AM

It sounds like we have some good interest here. 

I can not imagine why hubbys would not be welcome. seems like they add a lot to the adventure when they do come. 

Nancy, the only problem with dino digs is the weather. I'll PM info so you can see what options are available and cost of outings. 

The next question is : How long would you want to be here. 3 days? 5? 

I've contacted the hotel and gotten a basic price quote. Will do some more research and keep everyone posted. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Tue, Oct 22 2013 10:58 AM

I'm interested in coming too. 

20 rooms seems like a lot to fill, some like their own room, I'm with the "sharing" group, 2 or even 4 in a room cuts the cost and we spend so little time in our room.

In Leavenworth I think Patti divided the cost of the retreat room evenly between the quilters.

It's also good to know what is available for meals, I'm guessing you are looking at the hotel we stayed at, they had free breakfast and I don't remember what was in the room, fridge I think, not sure what else. They also had indoor pool and hot-tub.

I'd say at least 3 days, but 5 days is great. I think we did Sun - Friday AM because it usually costs more for Friday and Saturday nights.

I'll help with organizing/figuring things out

Page 1 of 7 (92 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use