Top 10 Posters

Starry Night Quilt

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
4 Posts
Points 90
Margemidd posted on Mon, Oct 21 2013 10:41 AM

I am completing the Starry Night quilt which has lights included.  Does anyone have a good method for inserting the lights?  Cannot find proper size grommets.  Thanks.

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,395 Posts
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Tue, Oct 22 2013 8:26 PM

I have seen that quilt lit up.  It's very beautiful.  Does the pattern say how to insert the lights?  Maybe your quilt store, or the store you bought the pattern from might have some tips.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
24,457 Posts
Points 361,842
Kris replied on Tue, Oct 22 2013 11:58 PM

The one I have says to poke holes in the fabric after applying some fray check. A pouch is made for the battery pack.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
229 Posts
Points 3,510
Pat replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 10:56 AM

I brought. The kit and the instructions say make button holesb and make a little pocket at the back for the controller. Pat

Pat   From Canada

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
16 Posts
Points 75

Missouri Star Quilt Company has a video tutorial for this panel. She explains how to insert the lights and shows up close video of them inserted. I am quilting mine next week so was looking for more about how to do this myself. Here is the Youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=W1KyuKQWqTU

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,461 Posts
Points 116,580

I'm confused. I went to the Missouri Star website but they only have the green panel. I wanted the red so looked on Amazon. Same price for the package and it looks identical. But it says 100% polyester and is sold by Fields Fabrics.

Is this the same one Jenny has on Missouri Star website? They don't say it's cotton fabric. Does anyone know?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,019 Posts
Points 15,545

Judy, I just watched the MSQC video and it said under it that the fabric was made by Northcott Fabrics.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use