Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P Posted: Sun, Oct 20 2013 2:45 AM

Hi all -  I want to thank you all for the lovely quilt you made for me.  I love it - it is just perfect.  It always amazes me how a quilt can be so beautiful when all put together, especially one that is made up of 30 different blocks, from different quilters, totally different patterns and the only common denominator, blue and white and the size.. It is truly awesome.

Special thanks to Karla for getting this started and finishing the quilt and quilting.  I will so enjoy showing this off to friends and family in the days to come. Also special thanks to Donna  for the embroidered center block which just ties it all together.

I plan to put a label on the back, telling the story of why the quilt was made, and the names of the makers.  I plan to list the names, row by row and the state from where the quilter lives.

So once again, I thank each and every one that contributed to this wonderful quilt.  I feel very loved when I wrap up in it.  Thanks for all the support you have given me.

Marge P

• | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,330
Frances replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 3:33 AM

Marge,

It was a real pleasure for me to be able to participate, at least i will always know that a part of me has made it to your side of the pond. It looks stunning the others did fantastic work, by the way does this mean I can say that one of my quilts has been finished (if i say quilt block quietly under my breath).

Lots of love and hugs coming your way.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,455
safrmaz replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 10:02 AM

Marge,

I enjoyed making the block for you and am glad you like your quilt.  There were lots of thoughts and prayers included in the blocks.  So glad you're feeling better :)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 689
Points 11,835
zoetc49 replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 10:46 AM

It was fun to be a part of this for you  : )

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 5:34 PM

Marge, you truly deserve the quilt.  You are such a strong woman who has gone through so much.  Although some days I was frustrated by the quilting, I truly enjoyed putting it together for you.  And I really enjoyed the time we were able to spend together in Oregon.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,031
Points 368,952
Kris replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 6:36 PM

Marge P:
Hi all -  I want to thank you all for the lovely quilt you made for me.  I love it - it is just perfect.

You're welcome Marge. Good idea for a label.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Oct 21 2013 1:12 AM

Marge P, I hope you will take it in with you at Wenatchee this week.  

When you are all cozy, snuggled under that quilt,  you can imagine all of us giving you hugs while you are going through those nasty treatment(s).  We'll be right there with you...

T's & P's,

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Mon, Oct 21 2013 7:18 AM

Marge - you are so welcome and now one day I hope to meet you in person. It touches my heart and brings tears when I think of 30 ladies coming together to create a quilt for some someone they never even met.  Gosh, we need to get QCA going in more places in the world, maybe we could end all the wars!  Keep getting stronger so that can happen, maybe in 2014?

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 21 2013 6:04 PM

You're welcome Marge.  Making that quilt block was a labor of love for a fellow quilter.   Hope to meet you in person next year in Oregon.

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

The group did an awesome job with the blocks, horray for Karla did all the final assembly and the quilting. I believe she did a bang up job. Just beautiful, and BIG too. lol enjoy it Marge P. I do hope you are healing well, and that you continue rehabbing under the warm hugs that the quilt will bring. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,894
Points 69,195
Bonita replied on Mon, Oct 21 2013 7:10 PM

It was pleasure to be able to take a small part in the making of your quilt. Even though we've not met in person I feel as if I know you through your posts.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Tue, Oct 22 2013 1:06 AM

Donna B:
When you are all cozy, snuggled under that quilt,  you can imagine all of us giving you hugs while you are going through those nasty treatment(s).  We'll be right there with you...

Thanks all for the nice replies - they really mean alot.

Donna - I am able to take the quilt in with me tomorrow when I have the monthly Zometa infusion in Wenatchee.  I know all the nurses would love to see it.  However, when it comes to the radiation, it can't go in with me.  I don't know how much any of you know about radiation treatments, but it actually takes longer to get you situated correctly on the table than it does to actually do the radiation.  That is why it is so frustrating to have to spend almost 2 hours driving each way and the procedure takes just a few minutes.  I guess that is what we get for living in the boonies.  However, we love our boonies so what is a person to do?? :-)

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use