Top 10 Posters

New to Quilting and could do with some help on Fabric Paints and Mechanical Chalk pencils

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
3 Posts
Points 165
Lesley posted on Sun, Oct 20 2013 1:31 AM

Hi everyone
I'm new here and am trying a first attempt at doing a quilt and I am wanting to use fabric paints on them. I have been looking on the internet and the ones a lot of people have been using are Decoart SoSoft, Tsukineko all purpose ink paints and Jacquard paints. I was wondering if anyone has used both and which ones would be the easiest to use. Has anyone here used both? Also I am looking at the mechanical chalk pens and  am really interested in the Sewline ones, Allary and Bohin but have never used any of these before. I have done sewing before but I am looking for ones that will stay on until they are washed as the current dont stay put long enough for me.

Lesley

• | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,545 Posts
Points 417,024
gini replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 5:18 PM

lesley, i have used fabreic paints that are in pencil form and paints you mix like oil paints.   they are good for different things.  you need to decide how you are going to be painting on the quilt, then decide which kind of paints you want.  if you are just highlighting and adding little bits here and there, the paint sticks work fine. i can't remember the name, i'll check when i get to the studio. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use