New from Arizona

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 294
Points 4,780
SpringerMom Posted: Sat, Oct 19 2013 11:05 PM

I'm Kathy, a newer quilter and "mom" to my two most loyal spaniel kids/fans. I'm in southern Arizona, and have been teaching myself with the help of a couple good reference books, and a group of local great gals who meet once a month to quilt and machine embroider together. I'm spending less time "reverse sewing" since joining them... so much more enjoyable! I hope to get to know other quilters here, and enjoy another way to share this oftentimes frustrating but engaging and fulfilling (when things are going well) pursuit. So, hello, and I hope to hear from some of you.    

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,509
Points 417,524
gini replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 11:07 PM

hi springermom, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 294
Points 4,780

Hi Gini, thank you! I know Idaho somewhat.. was raised in Montana, and we drove to Idaho to camp, etc. Gorgeous place to live!

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 11:52 PM

Hi Kathy, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 12:14 AM

Welcome SpringerMom from the great state of Nevada.  I'm 30 miles east of Reno in the high dessert.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 347
Points 4,695

Welcome Springermom

I'm a rottie mom.  She is always very helpful in the sewing room - mostly holding down the floor.  Great to have you

Barbara

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,455
safrmaz replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 9:48 AM

Welcome SpringerMom.  I live in Las Vegas but used to live in Phoenix :)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 294
Points 4,780

Hi Leslie, thanks for the welcome!

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 294
Points 4,780

Hi Karla, Thanks for the reply! I've been to Reno and surrounding area, then drove to Lake Tahoe for some hiking in Nevada and CA... that is a beautiful area.    

-Unknown

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 294
Points 4,780

Hi Barbara,

My son and his wife have a wonderful rottie boy. They rescued him at age 1 year; he had never been out of a garage. They spent countless hours socializing him to people and other dogs, behavior training, etc. and he now has earned the Canine Good Citizen award. He's a total goofball, so fun. I like the way he leans against my leg when standing with me... does yours do that?

I lived in CO for 12 years, the Denver suburb of Lakewood. Loved it there. Still miss much about it. 

Thanks for your reply. :)  Kathy 

-Unknown

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 294
Points 4,780

Oh boy... Vegas. I was there for some shows a year ago... soooo much noise and chaos. Was truly happy to leave, and see no reason to return for another 40 or so years... lol. Of course, most people are far from that strange, fantasy world of the strip, live and work in ordinary communities there. Do you enjoy living there?

Phoenix is just too hot! I'm way south and east, in the foothills of the Huachuca mountains, at 4600'. We have 4 seasons, including snow. Nights are now in the 40's/70's daytime. Beautiful, sunny October weather. 

Thanks for the reply, Sheri.  Kathy

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Mon, Oct 21 2013 1:01 AM

Welcome Kathy.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,612
Points 178,568
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 21 2013 5:47 PM

Hi and welcome to the group, Kathy, nice to have you join us, enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

Welcome Kathy (SpringerMom). I'm a Queensland healer mom with a min pin thrown in there. heehee You will  love it here. I've learned so much since communicating with everyone here. Quilters here are so kind and generous with their help and information. Some days I rip out more than I sew. Those are the days I quilt sewing early in the day. Hope to see some pics of your quilts soon.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,455
safrmaz replied on Mon, Oct 28 2013 11:12 AM

SpringerMom:

Oh boy... Vegas. I was there for some shows a year ago... soooo much noise and chaos. Was truly happy to leave, and see no reason to return for another 40 or so years... lol. Of course, most people are far from that strange, fantasy world of the strip, live and work in ordinary communities there. Do you enjoy living there?

Phoenix is just too hot! I'm way south and east, in the foothills of the Huachuca mountains, at 4600'. We have 4 seasons, including snow. Nights are now in the 40's/70's daytime. Beautiful, sunny October weather. 

Thanks for the reply, Sheri.  Kathy

I agree about the strip area!  We rarely go down there.  We live almost out of town in the north west part of the city.  It's so far removed from that atmosphere it's like living in another city.

Yes, Phoenix is hot and it's also hot here in the summer.  Winters in Phoenix are the best if you don't like snow & cold.  Never had to wear a winter jacket there :) 

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use