Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 23 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti Posted: Sat, Oct 19 2013 10:33 PM

This will be our second year at Beachcomber's Haven on Gleneden Beach, about 4 miles south of Lincoln City.   Google Beachcomber's Haven for more information about the resort, or look them up on facebook.  We will have the Sandbox, a 1000 square foot sewing space that can accommodate 20, but even better with limit of 18.  To have this space we need to rent all the rooms in the same building, called the 4 plex.   Downstairs, on same floor as the Sandbox is unit 9 with 2 bedrooms and unit 10 with 3 bedrooms.  Those with difficulty ambulating, or using stairs have preference for these rooms when assignments are made.  

Upstairs in the 4 plex are 2 two bedroom units, with a large shared deck.  All units have kitchens and living rooms. 

Beachcomber's Haven has several other units for rent as well.  Units 15 and 8 are already reserved, but others may be available.   The units are priced differently but as a group we have been able to get them at lower than the advertised in-season rate.  Those in units outside of the 4 plex pay a weekly rate, and can stay 7 days.

We already have several individual women and several couples who plan on coming.   Private message me if interested.  Let me now if special accommodations are needed, and if there is a preference for having your own room, if a queen or twin bed is preferred, or if willing to share a room, and/or queen bed.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 60
Carla replied on Tue, Feb 18 2014 1:28 PM

can i please get more info?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Tue, Feb 18 2014 3:08 PM

What would you like to know, Carla?  There is still space available in this retreat.  

Patti is our retreat organizer ("wagonmaster") and I have sent a message to her that you are asking for information.  

It is a member organized retreat and is not sponsored by QCA.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Tue, Feb 18 2014 4:08 PM

Carla, we have an opening for a couple, man and wife to share a two bedroom unit (2 bathrooms as well) and there is a room available for single woman, one of three bedrooms one bath.  It's at Beachcomber's Haven near Lincoln City.  Cost for couple, in unit 9 is $305.50.  Cost for single is $203.67 total for 5 nights. 

I have told another person about this but she has not responded, so if you are interested, and can put 177.75  down for the couple or 118.50 for the single you can come.  I need to make a large payment soon, so it would be helpful if you could make a decision soon.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,827
Points 123,540

Holy quilt scraps Batman, I'm in through the front door also. Can even access my home page, groups and gallery.

Be still my beating heart.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Feb 18 2014 6:35 PM

Judy the quilt fairy much be watching out for you today!  No such luck here!  I'm getting the blue "sorry" screen, every time I hit enter...LOL!  Haven't been able to access my home page either...but so far I am able to work my way to the forums.  I'll try Groups next.

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 60
Carla replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 10:13 AM

got this info,will email you for more on what will b done at this retreat ect..

thanx, u can delete now..

C

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Feb 21 2014 7:03 AM

Thanks Carla. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 25
Jaimie replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 4:52 PM

Is there information somewhere on cost of the retreat, lodging, what is included, what type of retreat (classes or UFO?) Looking at three females coming.

Thank you!

Ragann63

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 5:38 PM

Jaimie:

Is there information somewhere on cost of the retreat, lodging, what is included, what type of retreat (classes or UFO?) Looking at three females coming.

Thank you!

Ragann63

Here's the original thread in the retreats section.  There is more cost information there.  Patti is hosting this retreat and I sent her an e-mail with your question.  Hopefully she will be able to access QCA and answer you soon.  In the meantime, here's a link to the original thread.

http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/qca_retreats/forum/t/44401.aspx?PageIndex=1

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 11:14 PM

Sorry I did not answer sooner.  Just got back from visiting daughter.   I will have to check, we have room for 1 for sure, maybe room for a couple more, will know the end of this week.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Apr 13 2014 8:44 PM

This is the latest list of who we have going on the retreat.

In separate units, arranged by the attendees themselves:

Judy and DH

Roxana and DH

Donna and DH, Jan and DH. 

In the 4 plex:

unit 9 for couples

Gini and Sam, Maggie and Roger

Unit 10, 3 bedrooms:

Kathy, Roberta, Candis and Tammie

Unit: 11, 2 bedrooms

Chris, Verla and possibly Maria.

Unit 12: 2 bedrooms.  This is a KOSHER food only unit.  Patti and Catherine, and possibly one of her friends.  Will know by the end of this coming week if any openings here. 

Unit 7, 3 bedrooms, outside the 4 plex:

Quiltless, Melissa, Veronica and Mona. 

Everyone has paid except for the 2 maybes, Maria, and Catherine's friend. 

Even if other rooms could be found, we can't put any more into the sewing room.  Not all the women listed are quilters, some are knitters, etc but may want to join us in the Sandbox.

Jamie, I can put you and your friends on the waiting list.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Apr 13 2014 9:05 PM

pets at the retreat.

I think we may have 6 dogs coming.  Judy has 2 dogs, and a DH who can monitor their activities.  Donna has a dog, and also a DH.  They all are renting units on their own and have made arrangements.

Looks like we may have 3 dogs in unit 10.  I know they have discussed this and I believe those involved are in agreement.  I know there is a pet policy, with an extra deposit.  But I cannot find that policy, so I don't know what the limits are.  So unit 10 folks, please call Beachcomber's to find out what that is.  800 428-5533. 

We do not want any dogs left unattended in the rooms, or running free.   There are 2 non-quilters in unit 10, so I am not too concerned about that. 

Dogs are not allowed in the sandbox as far as I can remember.  We made the exception last year for a recuperating sweet, well behaved dog who stayed by the door with her owner.

I don't know of anyone else bringing a dog.   To do so, all roomies must agree that it is OK, as well as Beachcombers.  

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 874
Points 14,995

Thanks Patti, her name is Tammie, I will call about the pet deposit. I only have one small dog.  Tammie will be with her all the time.  Thanks for all the info.  Very excited!

MODESTO, CA.
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 30

Hello Patti,

Thanks to Veronica I know now you now have this retreat invitation here as well ( I did not know either about QCA). I sent you a PM via QATW, have you been able to see it? I guess since is Easter week, everyone is busy. Please let me know when you received, I made some questions I need your advice for :-)

Thank you also because I know you replied to my friend Claire!! 

Warm Regards,

Maria

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use