frame for a viking sapphire 10" throat.

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 10 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,183 Posts
Points 18,165
weezee56 posted on Thu, Oct 17 2013 1:41 PM

I would  like to purchase a frame to put my Viking Sapphire on for free motion quilting. I want to know what companies make frames for these types of machine. I know one is Grace Frames. Are there other companies?

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
3,449 Posts
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Thu, Oct 17 2013 1:44 PM

I don't know, actually I never thought of getting a frame for my sapphire. This will be interesting to find out.  

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
872 Posts
Points 14,965

I have a pro flex frame. It can go to 10 feet or smaller, it's up to you it comes with a carriage for small machines like the 10 inch throats it also comes with the carriage for machines up to 20 inches. It is crafted from wood. I love it . I researched frames for awhile before I settled on this one. I had a Pfaff Hobby Grand Quilter on it to start off with.  I then bought my long arm.  It is sturdy, and nice looking.  Assembly is easy, hope this helps.

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
3,449 Posts
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 4:20 PM

Marla, is there a web site? Or is there a store where you can buy them from?

Angèle  from NWO

Top 150 Contributor
Female
498 Posts
Points 10,010

I am partial to grace frames.......they are made well , their customer service is wonderful too....and the prices are not bad either.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,592 Posts
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 6:43 PM

Although I own a Viking Sapphire, it's not on a frame.  I have my Viking MegaQuilter on a Grace frame and love it most of the time.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
872 Posts
Points 14,965

I just typed in Pro Flex Quilting Frame. There is a place that sells them. I bought mine from the co. It came from Ontario Ca.   There is a place in the States now.   It's called acesewand vac. They have a pic of it.  Hope this helps
MODESTO, CA.
Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,183 Posts
Points 18,165

Karla, you love it most it time? the Viking or the frame?

Marla Thank you .

Jen Thank you. Did you buy yours from the company or a store.

I want one that I can fold up when I'm not using it. I don't know if grace frames do that or not.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,592 Posts
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 9:25 PM

I love them both, but I had problems with one or the other (I'm not sure which) when I was quilting Marge's quilt...or it could have been the stitch regulator that doesn't like one end of the frame.  One of these days I'll figure out which one of them is giving me problems.

My frame can be set up as either a 5 foot or a 10 foot frame (I use it as 10 foot), but it does not fold up when not in use.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,183 Posts
Points 18,165

Thank you Karla. Your info is greatly appreciated. I'm still looking, the grace queen sounds nice.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
498 Posts
Points 10,010

I bought mine from Sew and Vac Direct...they seemed to have the best prices...I have the one for hand quilting in king but am currently looking into the Grace King Combo that comes with a Brother PQ1500s for $1768.94.....I have looked and looked and I think this would be a good deal for me to get introduced to machine quilting..... I don't have space in my sewing room for king size but the thing about the Grace frames is they can be set up in three sizes.. and the reason I get the King is because they come with the fourth rail for your batting where as the Queen size does not and I like that fourth rail. Oh also Sew and Vac has free shipping.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use