rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 240
Julie Smith Posted: Thu, Oct 17 2013 6:05 AM

Hi 

My name is Julie.  I joined the Quilter's Club yesterday.  I am not new to quilting and sewing, but I am new to message boards.  I have been sewing since I was about 8 when my Grandmother taught me.  I love to sew.  I could easily stay in my sewing room day after day doing nothing but sewing, creating, crafting, quilting.  

My big project right now is quilts for Christmas presents for my family.  I have four grown boys, four daughter-in-laws, and six grandchildren.  For years I have been promising to make them all quilts and this is the year.  I have 8 tops done so far.  

I am looking forward to getting to know some quilters here and sharing ideas.

Julie

Memphis, TN
  • | Post Points: 140
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 497
Points 10,005
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Oct 17 2013 6:49 AM

Welcome Julie....you are going to love this place...you will soon be addicted to it. You will soon find that everyone here has a passion for quilting just like you do. But it's not all quilting that goes on here. There are all kinds of things to talk about here and you will find everyone here is very friendly. We also love to see pictures of each others work. Welcome to the madness....lol.....   :)

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 290
Points 3,825

Welcome, Julie!  I also started with needle and thread at an early age, being instructed by my grandmother to blanket stitch around applique.  I just finished turning a spare bedroom into a sewing room and am finding that I can spend all day and into the night in this one room.  Would love to see your quilts.

Barbara

Barbara

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Thu, Oct 17 2013 10:44 AM

Welcome Julie!  We'd love to see those 8 tops you've completed so please post pics.  Glad you've joined us and hope you'll share your knowledge and short cuts to quilting since you've been sewing since 8. Hope to see you posting a lot.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,181
Points 18,155
weezee56 replied on Thu, Oct 17 2013 1:53 PM

Welcome Julie. I also am making quilts for my 3 children DS,DD1, DD2, 1 son-in-law DSIL, 3 grandsons  DGS1,DGS2,DGS3 and sister-in-law DSIL. All are done except DSIL , top is done, need to quilt.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Thu, Oct 17 2013 6:04 PM

Hi Julie welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Welcome Julie. You will love it here. I also started sewing when I was 8; however, I did not start quilting until about 2.5 years ago. I got a late start on that. We look forward to seeing some pics of your quilts.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 9:49 PM

Welcome Julie.  This is a great site, even with it's glitches.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,458
Points 416,719
gini replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 10:40 PM

hi julie, welcome to the gang. 

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,218
Points 16,395
Susan replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 1:43 AM

Julie Smith:
 I have 8 tops done so far.
                   Welcome, Julie !   You have taken on a huge project piecing 8 quilts is no small task. How are you going to quilt them? I sure wish I had your energy and commitment to get all these done for Christmas. You will fit right in here as so many are quilt-aholics and would rather sew than  do anything else. Look around the site as there is lots going on here and Im sure you will find something that interest you. Please show us some pics of those 8 tops. Sounds like you have a big family to sew for.    Susan

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 240
I would love to share pictures but I have no idea how to post pictures here...lol. I am really new to message boards.
Memphis, TN
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 9:51 AM

Welcome Julie :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,949
Points 368,282
Kris replied on Mon, Oct 21 2013 1:03 AM

Welcome Julie.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use