Francesxx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,880
Carmel replied on Thu, Oct 17 2013 5:05 AM

Maggie:

Count me in, let me know where to send it.

Thanks for doing this.

Macungie, PA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,072
Points 16,410
weezee56 replied on Thu, Oct 17 2013 1:33 PM

Maggie count me in too.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,390
Points 46,930
Angele replied on Thu, Oct 17 2013 1:41 PM

Maggie I sent you a PM but never received an answer back.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,029
Points 13,065

Angele:

Maggie I sent you a PM but never received an answer back.

Sorry about that. I don't get on every day. It depends on how busy I've been at work. 😉. I should be caught up with sending my address to everyone who has responded so far. Thank you to all who are contributing!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,726
Points 66,520
Bonita replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 12:15 PM

Maggie, my block will be in the mail today.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,029
Points 13,065

Thanks Bonita. I'll be posting when I receive blocks so everyone knows their block made it. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 701
Points 11,545
Bev replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 9:05 PM

Maggie, my block should have been there by now.  I do hope it gets there soon. The first one I sent to Karla never made it but what gets me is that it wasn't returned to me either. 

from TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 9:44 PM

Bev :

Maggie, my block should have been there by now.  I do hope it gets there soon. The first one I sent to Karla never made it but what gets me is that it wasn't returned to me either. 

And it has never arrived here...I can't imagine what happened to it.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 701
Points 11,545
Bev replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 9:56 AM

I can, I don't think it ever made it out of the local P.O.  I am just glad the second one made it there. 

I have to ask though when sending one quilt block what size envelope you use and how you send it? I know it would depend on the size of block and I do put the block in a ziplock bag but maybe I am using the wrong type envelope for mailing.

The one I sent to Jacy was in a regular letter size envelope with extra postage and it made it so I sent a block to you Karla the same way.

That one did not make it so the next one I put in a business envelope but at the P.O. decided to put it in a priority mail 10 x 12 size which I thought was overkill but I wanted to add tracking. Just curious.....

from TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 5:39 PM

Having worked at the post office, I always try to use the priority flat rate envelopes.  I have used 8X10 flat envelopes, but I know first hand what kind of damage can be done by their automated equipment.  If it is something bulky, use an oversized envelope or put it between thin pieces of flat cardboard to protect it.  These machines read 10 letters per second and it is easy for them to get caught up and jam the machinery which will damage the mail.  They try to remove bulky things before they hit the machines, but it does happen.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 8:02 PM

I have one made, I think I have your address, don't know if I can find it.

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 600
Points 10,405
zoetc49 replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 9:22 AM

Maggie,

I need the address where to send this to. Mine is ready to get to you. Thanks

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,029
Points 13,065

Bev :

Bev, I received you block on Friday. I've been offline most of the week so I'm playing catchup. Thank you so much!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,029
Points 13,065

Bev :

I can, I don't think it ever made it out of the local P.O.  I am just glad the second one made it there. 

I have to ask though when sending one quilt block what size envelope you use and how you send it? I know it would depend on the size of block and I do put the block in a ziplock bag but maybe I am using the wrong type envelope for mailing.

The one I sent to Jacy was in a regular letter size envelope with extra postage and it made it so I sent a block to you Karla the same way.

That one did not make it so the next one I put in a business envelope but at the P.O. decided to put it in a priority mail 10 x 12 size which I thought was overkill but I wanted to add tracking. Just curious.....

Bev, I only received the one in the legal envelope with a post mark date of October 15. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Page 2 of 6 (88 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use