Top 10 Posters

End of the Oregon Trail

Page 27 of 31 (460 items) « First ... < Previous 25 26 27 28 29 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 459 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 11:09 PM

Kris, glad you are home safe and can rest up now.  Hope the aches improve soon!

Diana and Nana, sorry to hear of your travel woes.  I am sure all you want now is just to get home to your own home and bed.  I hope things will improve and you will both make it home tomorrow in speedy fashion.  Diana, good work getting first class and Nana, hope you can wangle first class too!  I haven't done a lot of air traveling, but I think I have been very lucky when I have.  I have only had minor delays and never any major layovers...so consider myself very fortunate.

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,856
Points 32,245
Roxana replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 11:19 PM

Thanks to everyone for what was to me a virtual retreat. I loved it all! I appreciate so much the reporting, the photos, and the laughter! I hope everyone gets home safely.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 11:19 PM

I wanted to share one last photo with you tonight.  This is the Sandbox...with the lights out.  

We seem to be the only people staying here this weekend, so it's very quiet (too much so).  Every time I look over there, I miss you all so much!!!   

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 11:22 PM

Jacy, great pictures of the moose in your yard, but I agree...your DH is certifiable...LOL!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 11:49 PM

Kris , so glad you made it home safe

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,591
Points 75,975
Karla replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 12:11 AM

Donna B:

Karla, great photos.  I don't remember seeing this area, but it certainly is beautiful!

No you wouldn't have seen it unless you were traveling back to Nevada like we were...our trip took us within 30 miles of Crater Lake, but alas, no time to stop this time.  We have been there a few times, though.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 2:25 AM

Happy to hear that the majority of retreaters are back home.  It really sucks, Nana and Diana, for the problems you two have had.  Not fair at all. I hope your first class experience was great, Diana. Also hope they treated you that well, Nana.

Glad your kitty was close to you while you are recouping from the traveling, Kris.  I am sure they were very happy to have you home.

Love the pictures you have posted, Donna.  Sounds like you guys have had a great weekend on the coast.  Safe travels home.

We are in Portland, leave tomorrow for Pendleton for two nights, then on to Wenatchee Tuesday morning.  Will be home Wednesday night but back to Wenatchee on Thursday and on and on and on.

The weather has been beautiful here in Portland - First time in about 4 years that we have had decent weather in October in Portland so we are lapping it up.

That was quite the visitor you had Jacy - glad she was in a good mood - I would have been scared spitless.

Thanks again to all of the retreaters who contributed to my lovely quilt.  It is beautiful and I will cherish it forever.  Special thanks to Karla for finishing it for me.  I appreciate it greatly.

Another great retreat with a bunch of great gals.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 9:49 AM

Marge, Your beautiful quilt makes me sad. The call for blocks went out while my Computer was down and the quilt was already at Karla's being quilted by the time I found out about it, so I didn't get to add a block to it. :( Would you be kind enough to imagine one more block tucked in there somewhere, adding to the love you feel when you cuddle up with it?? 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 10:00 AM

I hope that by nightfall all of our way-ward travelers have made it safely to their destinations. Seems to me the airlines owe some folks more then peanuts....

Kris, Did the morning find you less stiff and achy? 

Karla that covered bridge is so cool. Thanks for sharing!

Donna, the suspension bridge is...impressive. I don't blame you a bit for not venturing across!

Patti, you beach photos are spectacular. You're a very talented lady, both with a needle and thread and with a camera.

Gini are you warming up? We're supposed to have a beautiful sunny day today!

Thanks everyone for taking us homebodies along again. It's probably a good thing so many of us can only attend virtually, or Beachcombers Heaven would have been packed solid with bodies and no one would have had room to take a running stitch!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,873
Points 366,872
Kris replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 11:21 AM

Patti:
Here's my two.  Thursday's sunset, and Friday's first sun catching a wave.

Gorgeous photos Patti.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,873
Points 366,872
Kris replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 11:25 AM

chocake2:

Not really. The swelling in the feet is better but I'm hurting big time. I'll be having breakfast soon then will take some pills and park myself on the couch for football. I might do some hand sewing. I'm really sad 'cause I forgot my pillow (that Patti made) at the hotel in Portland. I'm really hoping Nana or Diana picked it up on their way out.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 11:39 AM

Kris:

chocake2:

I'm really sad 'cause I forgot my pillow (that Patti made) at the hotel in Portland. I'm really hoping Nana or Diana picked it up on their way out.

Kris, hope you feel better soon and have a restful day. If Nana or Diana do not have your pillow you might want to check with the hotel. It may be in their lost and found.

from TN

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,514
Points 30,765
Diana replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 11:55 AM

Ok, Diana is accounted for at home safe and sound.  Just drove home from Knoxville airport.  Now to wait and hear from Nana.   Yes, Kris, I have your pillow.  PM  me your address and I will get it out to you.  And I can honestly show DH that there is not a single piece of fabric in any of my bags.  Good thing I had Jacy take my fabric to ship.  My bag was exactly 50.0 pounds.  Whewwww

Thank You again, Patti for all your work.  Had a great time.

Diana in East TN

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 1:25 PM

Diana,  For a minute there I thought you must have been sick or something when you said no fabric in your luggage and then I read the rest of post. It would be Highly Unlikely that YOU did not buy any fabric on this retreat. LOL. Glad you are finally home!!!         Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 1:36 PM

Diana, so glad to hear you finally made it home

[Ava, Missouri

Page 27 of 31 (460 items) « First ... < Previous 25 26 27 28 29 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use