Top 10 Posters

End of the Oregon Trail

Page 26 of 31 (460 items) « First ... < Previous 24 25 26 27 28 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 459 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,644
Points 52,515
Ginny replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 9:15 PM

Kris, you have no idea how valuable the pictures and reporting was.  It certainly did take me away from the happenings here for quite a while, and I knew when I got back that I would have more to read and look at.    Big thanks!    Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 9:18 PM

chocake2:
Great Pics Jacy! Tell your DH that he's NUTS.

I agree, you'd never catch me that close to a moose. I guess the moose came close enough to sniff the carrot before turning and leaving. He did admit to being a little nervous standing there.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 9:23 PM

Kris:
I made it to Maine and after being fed and washed I'm now in bed aching everywhere.

Glad you made it home safely. Rest up and recover, hope to see you sewing soon!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 611
Points 10,695
Tami Paul replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 9:26 PM

sounds like everyone had a great time. I got cut off part of the way because of phone cut off. As some of you know I went up to Spokane instead. I shut my phone off to quicken the charge. When I went back to turn it on, it froze up on the load screen. I really dont understand when i live in a town of maybe 30,000 and go to a town 4x as large that they dont have a corporation sprint when we do but such is life. So anyway I could log on and see all the fun you guys where having. But I did take some pics for those of you from the inland empire of what you were missing down there at the coast and sunshine. these were taken from sacred heart medical.

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 9:38 PM

Here's a couple of pictures we took on the way home.  This first one is of the covered bridge at Lowell, OR (where Pam in Oregon lives).  There certainly is beautiful country.

And this is, I believe, Dexter Lake, taken from the covered bridge area.  It certainly is a big lake and very beautiful.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

I have really enjoyed all the pictures being shared. Sorry some of you are having airline nightmares. I have had my share of those. Diana, I was bumped up to 1st class once on my way to Toronto. It is nice, so much more leg room, and warm blankets! Safe travels to all that are still enroute.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 10:28 PM

Jacy,

Thank you so much for the photos i love them.

Diane and Nana,

I hope you get home soon.

Kris,

Glad you are home and hopefully taking it easy.

And thank you everyone for all the photos, I love the narrow walking bridge wish i was there.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 10:29 PM

Here's my two.  Thursday's sunset, and Friday's first sun catching a wave.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 10:37 PM

Patti,

So beautiful.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 10:48 PM

Patti, gorgeous photos!  You have a very good eye and a very good camera too.

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 10:51 PM

Karla, great photos.  I don't remember seeing this area, but it certainly is beautiful!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 416,944
gini replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 10:53 PM

patti, wonderful pictures.   thanks so much for being  a great wagonmaster. 

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 10:56 PM

Oh Karla, you guys could have come in for coffee if I had just thought about it!
I am about 4 blocks from the bridge! Next time call me as you go by....what did you think of that huge beam piece? My DH is a woodworker/ wood lover and he raves about that hunk of wood.

Me? I love the lake...in all seasons.  The other side of the road where the high dam sits is Lookout point reservoir and goes along the highway up to Oakridge almost 28 miles.

Diana: You poor lil thing...and Nana too. I hate airports and plane mixups, I feel for you guys!

Jacy: Love the moose pix but am really scared of those big buggers!  Had a mama chase me as a young girl till I nearly passed out- and she stood over me and huffed till I cried!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 11:00 PM

Patti those are amazing shots. That sunset one especially....

Francis: Hopefully some day you can come visit too.

Kris- so glad you're warm and have a kitty next to you....you deserve a nice rest. What a LONG trip for you!

MNNancy- I can only imagine what that full moon was like the other night....it was so incredibly bright here I could have driven without headlights!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 11:02 PM

Frances:
I love the narrow walking bridge wish i was there.

MNnancy:
Holy c#*@  -  I'll stick to walks on the beach!

Frances and Nancy, I have a confession:  I did not walk across the suspension bridge.  DH, Jan and Will did, but I waited for them.  I walked out about 20 feet and that was enough for me (I have a thing about suspension bridges...sigh...they scare the c#@* out of me)!   Frances I envy your spirit, and Nancy on this one, I am right there with you...waiting in a safe spot.  I've grown to know my limits and have accepted them.

Winthrop, WA

Page 26 of 31 (460 items) « First ... < Previous 24 25 26 27 28 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use