Top 10 Posters

End of the Oregon Trail

Page 24 of 31 (460 items) « First ... < Previous 22 23 24 25 26 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 459 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 7:20 AM

Thanks everyone for checking in as you arrive home safe

Kris, you and Nana, look done in lol

Donna, thanks for all the beautiful pics of your home state

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,495
Points 47,945
Frances replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 7:35 AM

Im so pleased everyones getting home safe and sound. So pleased that everyone had such a great time.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,364
Points 174,888
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 8:59 AM

Leslie :

Thanks everyone for checking in as you arrive home safe

Kris, you and Nana, look done in lol

Donna, thanks for all the beautiful pics of your home state

Ditto what Leslie said.  What a beautiful state!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,591
Points 118,845

Snowbird Quilter:
 Roommates Judy E and Deb were a joy, even if Judy T had her doubts about me.  LOL

Patty Mac, no doubts at all!  ;-D  Just confirmation of a super fun lady!  Judy E may wish she were there, but she wasn't. You only had one Judy in the room. Seeing double Patty Mac?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,520
Points 50,910
Ginny replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 11:37 AM

Oh my goodness, I have so enjoyed the retreat pictures and reporting.  Thanks every one for sharing your time with us. There were beautiful projects that resulted from your time together.  I watched it longingly while I tried to recuperate from all of the nasty treatments that I went thru this past week.  I was extremely fortunate that what they thought they saw on the echocardiograms did not turn out to be anything at all.  The is no extra tissue growth. There are no clots there is no atherosclerosis. Absolutely clear, the only downer in all of this was that I will have to remain on Coumadin for life, and that is a royal pain.  They kept me overnite and a good thing that they did because I developed a bleed and resulting huge hematoma in the groin area- they had to call the rapid response team as I was failing fast.  Got everything in order though, but OMG you should see the huge bruised area that I have.  Had my thyroid biopsy done yesterday and that was a little traumatic in itself, mainly with the fear that I would bleed from that also.  I am not allowed to drive until Monday and I am going stir crazy.  The purse pattern that I cut out last week to work on now has to wait-- Of course, I miscut one thing and now have to go back for 1/8 of a yard to make the other purse strap-- and I can't drive -grrrr  and they don't even want me to go up and down stairs til next week--no laundry being done here.

Oh well, this too shall pass.  I am now being sent to a new pulmonologist to find out why I am having a problem with my breathing, which is what started off this witch hunt for a solution.   Well, I am off to do some creative work in my quilt room now- at least I can try that.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 2:43 PM

I'll gang,  Nana is on a different flight to Dulles via Denver.  She may miss her connecting flight to Roanoke.  I am still going to Chicago but miss my flight to Knoxville.  I get to stay in Ohare airport for the night and maybe get a flight out tomorrow.  I may see if I can change and travel tomorrow.  This is the third time for this and I'm done with flying anywhere.  

Diana in East  Tn via Portland, Oregon

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 2:51 PM

Diana, so sorry you have to spend the night, hope you get a flight out

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,364
Points 174,888
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 3:24 PM

Ginny, I'm happy for the good news you got but your original problem never got solved, rats on that!  You've been through a lot so take it easy, your bag will wait for another time.  When you get around to it how about using some coordinating fabric for the straps, that you could find in your own stash I bet.  My T & P will continue for you until they solve your breathing problem.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 3:45 PM

Well gang, change of flights.  I take red eye out of Portland at 11 tonight to Houston, then on to Knoxville tomorrow morning.  Two hour layover in Houston so won't be rushed between gates.  Best part of the whole deal is FIRST CLASS all the way on their dime.  I mentioned to someone earlier this week that I wanted to fly first class just once in my life to see what it was like.  Guess someone out there is giving me my wish.  Thank you whoever you are.  

Diana in East TN

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 3:49 PM

Diana:
Nana is on a different flight to Dulles via Denver.  She may miss her connecting flight to Roanoke.
I'll pray she catches the flight with time to spare. 
Diana:
I am still going to Chicago but miss my flight to Knoxville.  I get to stay in Ohare airport for the night and maybe get a flight out tomorrow.
Dang airlines anyway. You'd think that they could be more efficient. my dad was a ticket agent for Northwest in the 60's and somehow they didn't have the booking issues in the days of Ticker tape that they have now, in an age of instant mass communications.  :S Pray you arrive home with minimal hang-ups. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,591
Points 118,845

Diana

Hope the first class makes up for all the hassle you've had. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 4:13 PM

I'm so glad to see everyone getting home safe and sound. Kris, your reporting was top notch! I loved hearing from you so often and I even managed to finish quilting my quilt this week! Yeah!  The amount of quilts and blocks made is simply amazing. Everything is beautiful. I would take any piece and adopt it in my home.  I promise I would care for them!

we just got s@&#% here! not much and it didn't stay, but still...it was here.

I am envious of all the great time you all had. Meeting new friends is always a magic moment. I hope to be able to go in a year or two.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,135
Jacy replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 6:51 PM

Here's a view of Mt Hood we saw on our way home.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,135
Jacy replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 7:04 PM

my family had visitors while I was gone to the retreat, sorry the last photo is a little blurry.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,591
Points 118,845

Jacy, how cool!! Love the moose photos, thanks for sharing.

Page 24 of 31 (460 items) « First ... < Previous 22 23 24 25 26 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use