Top 10 Posters

End of the Oregon Trail

Page 22 of 31 (460 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 459 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 6:50 PM

Judy, thanks for letting us know you made it home safe

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,849
Points 366,407
Kris replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 7:34 PM

Erin♥:

I wonder why it showed as ECFMC when I posted and not Erin??  Oh well..that is me. 

I knew it was you.  I thought you changed your user name.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,849
Points 366,407
Kris replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 7:39 PM

Carol from Pittsburgh:
 I saw that I was a winner  here- I'm so excited about that!  I'll send you a PM, Kris.

Calendar is on the way Carol.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,849
Points 366,407
Kris replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 7:43 PM

Nancy was a big winner last night after our second game of LRC. Talk about gloating:

Diana had us fooled she won big in strip poker:

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,849
Points 366,407
Kris replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 7:50 PM

Here I am with my calendar:

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,849
Points 366,407
Kris replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 7:52 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
I'm home!!  Took me just over 8 hours including the breakfast stop Deb and I made.

I'm glad you're home Judy. Nana, Diana and I are in the hotel near the airport. We're beat:

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 8:12 PM

Judy, glad to hear your home and your puppies greeted you appropriately - as did George.  

Kris, sorry I left you out of my "thank you's" last night!  I consider you our special "super-reporter" and you do a super-dooper job!!! Thanks!

Thanks also to CC for the beads and Agnes for the Mug-rugs, and Pam for the goodie bags.  How could I forget so much...lol???

In a few minutes, I will post some pictures from our (Jan & I + DH's) site-seeing adventures today at the Coast.  To our delight, the weather is once again sunny and warm for the Oregon Coast.  To top it off, the federal view-sites are open again.  

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 9:02 PM

Our non-quilting plans with DH's today were to head south to see some sites including a train museum in Toledo (especially for the DH's that have been so patient with us this week).  

Our first stop was at Fogarty Creek St Park:

Next stop was Boiler Bay:

More to come after we eat dinner!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 10:08 PM

DonnaB have fun! Supposed to beautiful for another week too. Here are pix DH & I took last Tues. after we visited y'all.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 10:13 PM

So I am back after a delicious dinner of chicken vegetable soup with pumpkin scones(courtesy of Jan) and  crab salad.  Yum, yum...

After our stops a Fogarty Creek and Boiler Bay, we dropped into the Devil's Punch Bowl State Park:

This bowl in the sandstone cliffs and headland was formed by erosion from the sea.  At high tide and with a high surf, the force of the wave action through that tiny tunnel and into the bowl will force the sea-water around just like a toilet bowl and it will spray up as high as where we were standing.

This next picture is looking down at the beautiful clear water on the south side of the Devil's Punchbowl headland:

I got a great pic of a pelican roosting on the cliff-side here:

As we drove south toward Newport, we decided it was time for lunch.  Jan and I "decided" we wanted to go the Georgie's (a restaurant highly recommended by Judy T and DebMN) and right, next door there was a hotel boasting this sign:

LOL...I think most of us can relate!  Jan and I both had to take a picture of this!!!

Went into Georgie's Restaurant and ordered the BLACKBERRY BBQ SALMON SALAD (recommended by our wonderful quilty friends) and was it ever delicious:

Now, when it comes to crab and salmon...I am rather a purist at heart.  It's best un-messed with!!!  The first couple of bites, I had my doubts, but by the fourth bite, I was loving it!  Absolutely delicious!!!

After lunch we drove to the Yaquina Light House (a federal historic site) and had the opportunity to thank a park ranger for being there so we could see this beautiful spot once again).

Here is the Lighthouse:

A sweet gentleman offered to take our picture, so here we are (L to R): Jan, Donna, Wayne, & Will:

I don't want to be responsible for crashing QCA, so I will post the next pic's on another post.  Stay tuned...

Winthrop, WA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 10:16 PM

I totally agree- KRIS rocks!
Thank you for keeping us a part of the retreat....it was so much fun.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 10:20 PM

Great coast shots Donna!

It never gets old- DH and I sneak over to do the "coast thing" whenever we can. November is know for storms at sea and we get a room with a view just to see the magnificent waves.

Ahhhh, Nov. is almost here....I wonder....

:}

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,502
Points 48,070
Frances replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 10:22 PM

Donna,

I can almost believe im there thank you so much for the pictures its great for me to see what your wonderful country looks like.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 10:24 PM

We're spending the night in Missoula, MT.  A beautiful full moon peeking over the mountains lit the way after dark.  We will be home by Sunday afternoon.  Pam, did your hubby find the wood gallery in Newport?  Randy looked but couldn't find it.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 10:30 PM

Yes! It was moved! It was 2 blocks down and had a different name! We missed it till we were driving out...rats.

Have good trip home, Nancy...I miss MN but not the winters. Yes, it is rainy here in winter but you don't have to shovel rain!

Page 22 of 31 (460 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use