Top 10 Posters

End of the Oregon Trail

Page 15 of 31 (460 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 459 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 875
Points 15,030

I absolutely love those fractured quilts! Gini yours is spook tabular!!  And Patti I just love the effects!  This is such a cool technique!  Is there a book on this technique?  Kris your a wonderful person for including all of us in the retreat.  I have loved seeing all the photos, and enjoying seeing you alls projects!   Thank you so much!

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 611
Points 10,695
Tami Paul replied on Wed, Oct 16 2013 1:57 PM

wow Ladies you are really cranking them out. I guess I should of went so you could show me how to do that. Now I know I have finished some quilts this year, but... I just looked at the "to do" list on my windows 8 that I made back at the beginning of the year. With the plans of checking some off. well.... not one single one of those is done. this is not good but in my defense. I did try to wrap one up and when I was sandwiching it I realized that my background was too small. and there is another one that will never ever be completed. I am seriously thinking of taking all those bargello strips and tying them end to end and pulling out a size Q hook and making a large mat or small rug.

Keep up the good work. I have finally decided on how to finish up my MQ9 but heading out to Spokane in about an hour, Still cant get my phone to sign in to here, not taking laptop. so talk when I get back

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,002
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 16 2013 4:18 PM

Marla:
I absolutely love those fractured quilts! Gini yours is spook tabular!!  And Patti I just love the effects!  This is such a cool technique!  Is there a book on this technique?

Yes, there is a book called "Fabulous Fractures"

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Wed, Oct 16 2013 4:23 PM

WOW I guess you guys burned the midnight oil! LOVE the outhouses Nana-is that a pattern or your own design?
Gini- if Kris doesn't kidnap the flannel monster I may drive back there and try to.... 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Wed, Oct 16 2013 4:25 PM

did you get into Newport? 

It is such a tiny shop now- used to be 3 X as big but the economy sank and she downsized.

Winter at the coast is grey and drizzly and hovering around the 50's so folks don't go there much.

We DO however as all the rates go down and we do our Gallery hopping and junk store shopping!

Any day at the coast is better than a  rainy day in the valley....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,002
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 16 2013 4:37 PM

Pam:
LOVE the outhouses Nana-is that a pattern or your own design?

That's a pattern called "Let's Go" by Pit Designs.

BTW I forgot one:

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,002
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 16 2013 4:58 PM

Pam:

did you get into Newport? 

It is such a tiny shop now- used to be 3 X as big but the economy sank and she downsized.

Yes we went to Newport and to Toledo. I'll be posting pics from those outings soon.

The outhouses are together:

Here's the bear block:

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,002
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 16 2013 5:28 PM

OK Everyone, Jacy issued an ugly fabric challenge. We each had to make one 12 inch block using the fabric she brought. We need you to vote on your favourite. The winner will receive a quilting calendar complete with patterns. For those who vote your names will be entered in a drawing for the same calendar (pictured below).

Please go to my blog and vote by leaving a comment with the number of the block you like most.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,002
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 16 2013 6:06 PM

Today we ventured away from the quilt room. We drove along the coast to two quilt shops.

The first shop was "Quilter's Cove" (we arrived before it opened) and the second shop was "Quilter's Cottage". We had a better time at the second place but FARTs are always fun. LOL

Meet Tiberius:

The line's backing up. I wonder why:

Is that Darlene's pile?!:

Poor Diana can't keep up with the shopping either:

Don't worry she got plenty.

Nancy joined her while the rest of us got served:

After shopping it was time for ice cream:

Yes, yes, I'm eating again.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Wed, Oct 16 2013 6:23 PM

Kris, I think you could have a full time job being a retreat reporter. You are doing such a great job! As for sewing, you produce so much at home, you can enjoy your time with such great friends. And who knows, they might all give you part of their production!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,002
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 16 2013 6:23 PM

Jan has a finish (this one is quilted):

Nancy's window pane is even more beautiful now:

Karla's working in black, red and white:

Here's a photo of our challenge blocks together:

Don't forget to vote for your favourite. Voting closes tomorrow (OCT 16) at 6 PM Pacific.

So far I have votes from Bonita, Agnes, Chocake 2 and Joan L.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Wed, Oct 16 2013 6:24 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Karla got into a tussle with her Singer Featherweight.  Ouch

Does that mean the featherweight won???

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Oct 16 2013 6:25 PM

Kris:

Nancy joined her while the rest of us got served:

I hope you all notice that very fine tote sitting at my side.  Thanks again, Patti!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Wed, Oct 16 2013 6:30 PM

Kris:

Nancy's window pane is even more beautiful now:

Outstanding!  I may have to be on the lookout for a similar panel. Just love that.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Wed, Oct 16 2013 6:37 PM

Well darn, i missed the deadline for voting.   

[Ava, Missouri

Page 15 of 31 (460 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use