Top 10 Posters

End of the Oregon Trail

Page 14 of 31 (460 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 459 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Tue, Oct 15 2013 10:45 PM

You are welcom Kris!

You sure don't look like you like to eat! You're a doll!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,441
Points 361,687
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 16 2013 12:29 AM

Gini's flannel monster top is complete:

Nana is working on an outhouse quilt. This is the centre:

This is Debbie's work space:

Marge is diligently woking on another baby quilt:

Jan is doing some machine quilting:

We're starting to wind down now. Most of us have gone to bed. We'll be going out tomorrow.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,472
Points 24,135

I'm still with you, Kris. Thanks for all the great reporting. Show and tell was awesome. Everyone's projects are looking great. Wish I was there. I miss you. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,477
Points 46,525

Ahhhhh, I thought I recognized CC's work. Cute gremlins!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Wed, Oct 16 2013 6:28 AM

I like Gini's monster flannel quilt and Nana's outhouse which I can picture being in a log cabin quilt design so Nana if you don't know what to do with it you can drop it in TN when you fly over on your way home. lol.   I can still remember having to use an outhouse way back when.

from TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Wed, Oct 16 2013 7:04 AM

Kris i love your reporting. However, you don't post your works of art very often. I think so some else has to show us your work. Having seen it before, I know what beautiful work you do so I would love to see what you are working on.

everyone else, the amount of work you produce is amazing. And the show and tell wow...I looked at it a few times.  I was glad to get some two hours of piecing last night. Tonight I will try to face time or skype with you.   And CC those beads are so much fun! I recognized the gremlin as one of your creations yesterday, but didn't get to read before this am that everyone got a bead! Lucky quilters!!

i have to say, it looks like the more fun you have the more quilt you produce. I'm trying to keep up but work gets in the way... Have a great day, enjoy the sun. Here it's near freezing and we might have sun...hoping.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,477
Points 46,525

Diane, if I ever make it to a retreat you should sit by me. I am not one of those over-achievers that make you feel bad. LOL, I am in awe of all that is being produced. Gini, I can almost feel that snuggly flannel quilt, all I can say is WOW. Nancy, love, love, love your window, if you want my addy I'll pm you. Jacy and Nana, your quilt tops are lovely. I am not sure who to vote for as Queen of the Over-avievers, we might have to have several crowns.Marge, your baby quilts are so cute, someone is going to love each one and think of you a lot. Patti, you certainly found a beautiful place for this retreat!

Kris, thanks so much for your reporting, you really make me feel like I am part of the fun. Technology can be wonderful sometimes and this is one of those times, thanks so much!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Wed, Oct 16 2013 9:24 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:

chocake2. I got the naked body bead. I love it! Thank you. Then I lost it and was running around the sewing room crying "where's my naked body".  Diana found it, bless her.

ROFLMBO!!!  OH Gosh. I can just picture your panic. I half expected you to announce that one of the husbands had it....     For the record that is not a  little 'naked body."  It is a "Goddess" bead. (I thought there should be a quilt goddess at the retreat, but I still haven't figured out how to make a quilt that tiny.) The design is supposedly based on the stone Earth Mother fetishes found in European caves and dating back to the early days of modern man. Look up "Venus of Willendorf if you want to know more. Me?...I just think they are fun.  LOL

Patti, I am delighted that you have found something fun to do with your beads. And I love your feathered star. You can send it to me anytime!

Gini the flannel monster can have a home here too.  ...and Jaci's cool stripey. And MNnancy's window, and... and ...and. Ok I'm just being greedy, but they are all so beautiful. 

and speaking of greedy, OMG you had a crab dinner!!??? Oh!! Ohh! COlor me green!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,441
Points 361,687
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 16 2013 10:22 AM

Angele:
Kris i love your reporting. However, you don't post your works of art very often. I think so some else has to show us your work. Having seen it before, I know what beautiful work you do so I would love to see what you are working on.

Angele,

what you've seen is what I've done. I don't usually work on a lot when I come to retreat. I only bring a small carry on bag with one or two hand items. I'm mostly here for the camaraderie and food. LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

Deb and her T shirt of the day. This one is perfect for our trip to the quilt shop in Newport this morning."I quilt therefore I am Broke"

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,441
Points 361,687
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 16 2013 10:27 AM

chocake2:
Gini the flannel monster can have a home here too

I'm trying to get it home with me. I don't think she's going to let it go. Did you know it took her 29 years and three days to get that top completed? Anyone out there with an older UFO?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

Karla got into a tussle with her Singer Featherweight.  Ouch

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,441
Points 361,687
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 16 2013 10:42 AM

Bonjour:

Nana added some more outhouses to her collection:

Patti has started a fracture:

and Marge completed this top:

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,250
Points 28,335
Agnes replied on Wed, Oct 16 2013 10:46 AM

There's far too much to comment about separately. Every new post and picture has something to pay attention to. A lot of marvelous new projects are being cranked out besides all the camaraderie. That said, you are certainly a great influence on me at home to get stitching and get things done. I know I would never have a 29 year old UFO. Someone else would have got to finish it. Enjoy, have fun and keep stitching and reporting. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Wed, Oct 16 2013 10:56 AM

29 years and 3 days...?? Really? She can remember the day she started it? Wow! That's impressive. I can't even remember what day it is today! If she's been working on it that long, It's no wonder I recognized flannel I had to make a shirt out of 10-15 years ago. That shirt has been long since rendered a rag. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 14 of 31 (460 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use