Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 270
toni carter Posted: Sun, Oct 13 2013 6:26 AM

Hi my name is Toni, I've been a member since 2011. I'm not very computer savoy so I've been putting off using the site. I know dumb huh? lol. Anyway I've only been sewing for approx. 3.5 years. My sister opened a fabric shop in Ellenboro N.C. in 2009 the year i moved up here from Fla. Honest i was more of the mechanic type. My career was a nurse in geriatrics till my back got wrecked and I had to stop working. Now I spend my time making quilts for the family. I have 3 grown children 2 boys and my girl. I have 7 grand boys. (yes that's true not a girl in sigh. lol) Although 1 of them just may turn....... never mind.  I love them all to death. I live with my daughter and 1 of my grandsons he's 3 and wonderful!!!!! So since I started sewing I've made oh I don't know how many quilts I've lost count. My sister convinced me to make a twin size Bar Jello for my first quilt ever. Talk about jumping right in! It won first place at the county fair. I was hooked after that, the rest is history. ( I have to admit I love all the ribbons) All of the quilts I have made have always taken first or second place except for 1 that was this year, and i always enter as many as possible. So now that, that's all said, I'm glad i finally got the courage to start viewing the site. I hope to get better at this, so thanks  for reading and have a blessed day!                                     toni

• | Post Points: 110
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980

Hi Toni!  Glad your here and writing all of us! I lurked on here for a long time too.  Sounds as if you really have the quilting bug!  I forbear would love to see your beautiful quilts! I hope you will share pictures for all of to see.  That's always a pleasure for me!!  It sounds as if you have a beautiful family, you are blessed. Hope to see you posting a lot more, and I will be looking for those prize winners of yours!!   Welcome again!

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 8:46 AM

So your screen name "Newatthis" refers to joining the club, not to quilting.  Sounds like you've made oodles of those, so you are way ahead of me!  Welcome to QCA!  I hope you'll come chat with us often.  We're a very friendly bunch.  Some of us have even met up in person at regional retreats like the one that is going to start in Oregon today.  Watch for pictures coming from there, any you will be able to see our faces and discover how wacky we can be!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,452
Points 176,393
Marie replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 9:11 AM

Hi and welcome Toni, glad you decided to jump in after all this time.  Please post pics of your quilts for us and don't be shy, post often.  I can relate to all boys, my brother had six but he has quite a few GDers and greats as well.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Welcome Toni - you will love it here. I am so looking forward to pics of your quilts. Hope to see you here often.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 10:05 AM

Hi Toni,   glad you finally decided to jump in and introduce yourself

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 259
Points 3,370

Welcome, Toni

I waited a couple of years before I became active too.  Now that I'm retired I love spending time on the site interacting with all the members.  It is a great place to stay connected.  Would love to see some of your quilts.

Barbara

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 219
Points 3,580

Hello and welcome to all the new members for all the groups I don't post often to the site so I know I have missed many to welcome. It is a great group of people with a ton off incredible quilting expertise.

Have loads of fun.

Kerry G

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 4:20 PM

Welcome, Toni ! Glad you finally joined us here, you will find lots of great quilters and new friends here. Show us some of your blue ribbon quilts when you get a chance.   Susan

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 270

Whats wacky? sorry i thought that was normal! lol  I'm just as nutty as the next quilter must be all those 1.5 inch blocks or the many hst either or i'ts great to be a  little off!! LOL.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 10:04 PM

Welcome, Toni...you definitely don't sound like a beginner to me.  Post some pictures of your quilts for us to see.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,421
Points 415,874
gini replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 10:36 PM

hi toni, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use