Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 230
Sammylynn87 Posted: Sat, Oct 12 2013 1:09 AM

So I for some reason, i could never get cutting straight lines.  I also had a problem with getting my measurements right.  So to help myself I bought an accuquilt.  I have not used it yet though as i am still waiting for it in the mail.  My question is does any one else have one, and do they like it?

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,676
Points 28,975
Roxana replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 3:49 PM

I love mine. So far everything I've cut has been accurate. It's also been a time saver.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 867
Points 14,725
Candis replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 8:52 AM

I have one also, I love it for cuts like drunkards path, and wedding ring, circles, hexagons, tumblers, and small designs like leaves and stems to applique. I do not use it for strips or squares. I like the accuracy and the speed. Plus it is fun!  You will find some peeps on here will say they have one and never use it, then others love there's and use all the time. There are other discussions on this forum on the Go cutter.  Just put the words in the search engine,  the dies can be expensive, but there are web sites that give good discounts. Amazon is a good one as well as others.   Be careful, I find collecting the dies addicting!   Let us know how you like it!!  

MODESTO, CA.
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 16,575

I don't have one, but used one at a recent retreat to cut jelly roll strips.  I was amazed how quickly and accurately I could cut.  I made the equivilent of 6 jelly rolls in about 2 hours.  I could never have done that by ruler and rotary cutter. 

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 12:12 PM

I bought a Big Shot made by Sizzix, machine and dies are cheaper but you can still use the accuquilt dies with a shim.  I love it!  Used it to cut triangles for HST and it was super fast and easy

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 85
Michelle replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 10:38 AM

I also have one and I love it! I actually bought it for my mom, who decided that since she is retired and has more time for cutting, I should have it instead. I cut over 300 Isosceles triangles a couple weeks ago in no time at all. My 16 daughter is also taking an interest, and she loves to use it! Definitely worth it!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 16,125

I have one & love it.  I use it to cut 2" squares, HST, & 2" strips.  I cut up my scraps into the 2" squares & to reduce the number of scraps I have in bags.   It sure does save time & is so easy.  

I have other die  templates too but use these the most. I have some for appliqué but haven't tried them yet.  I try to purchase them when they're on sale or I can find a good buy.  I hope you enjoy it!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 867
Points 14,725
Candis replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 2:18 PM

http://www.quilting-warehouse.com/accuquilt-go-dies.            Here is a site where I buy my dies. They are always on sale, I check against Amazon, and overstock.com.  All have good sales. I love my Go cutter. I got the wedding ring die recently, can't wait to try it!   They are addicting to collect, and a must have! 

MODESTO, CA.
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 988
Points 14,985
weezee56 replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 9:20 PM

I don't have one, but I'm thinking about getting one. They sound great.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use